Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if anyone can help me I will very much like to watch clips ... BlackBerry Curve forum

illwill1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if anyone can help me I will very much like to watch clips online from my bb8320 and I'm kind of green to this whole pinstack thing so if anyone I prefer female will help me please thank u

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Well, G1 isnt happening yet. They are on back order till Nov 10th.

rjgonza no está en línea Stack level 1
    While I agree with a lot said by both sides here,the biggest flaw I feel the G1 has is the physical device. My bb has raced me down stairs more than once. After holding the G1 I knew if it fell I was gonna get a new device. That was the largest deciding factor for me at least. I think I will be switching to Andriod, but not untill a new device comes out.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Hmm, I will have to check this one out for sure.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Does anybody know if this phone supports stereo bluetooth yet?

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    Does anybody know if this phone supports stereo bluetooth yet?
    not that i know of. I returned mine.

musician2226 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down

I had a G1. Piece of crap. Randomly powered off when I opened or closed the keyboard. Battery sucked.

Buyer's remorse. Tried another one.

Cycled the battery 3 times. With 100% charge, wifi off, gps off, bluetooth off, screen off, auto sync off, no calls, just sitting on my nightstand for 6 hours and the battery dropped down to 43%! Also, the camera had about an 8 second lag after you release the button before the photo actually took.

Sent both back after less than a week.

IMO, this phone was not ready to be released into the general public. If you're planning on going after iPhones, BB's, or WinMo devices, you'd better be sure you've got your game on and the stuff to back it up. Given time, this could be a rock solid contender...as for now, not ready for prime-time player...

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by musician2226 View Post
    I had a G1. Piece of crap. Randomly powered off when I opened or closed the keyboard. Battery sucked.

Buyer's remorse. Tried another one.

Cycled the battery 3 times. With 100% charge, wifi off, gps off, bluetooth off, screen off, auto sync off, no calls, just sitting on my nightstand for 6 hours and the battery dropped down to 43%! Also, the camera had about an 8 second lag after you release the button before the photo actually took.

Sent both back after less than a week.

IMO, this phone was not ready to be released into the general public. If you're planning on going after iPhones, BB's, or WinMo devices, you'd better be sure you've got your game on and the stuff to back it up. Given time, this could be a rock solid contender...as for now, not ready for prime-time player...
    Well, its more of a contender than the Storm thats for sure!! My G1 has never cut off on me. Nor has that been a prob for anyone on the android forums for the record. My Curve rebooted at least 3-4 times a day with on its own! But of course every G1 you got mysteriously does it!? The batt life is on par with the Iphone, and better than the storm's. of curse batt life is not as good as the curve's because its a much more powerful device!(understatement) Also, it gets a lot better after a few weeks. But you wouldn't know that because you "returned both after less than a week", if you ever owned one at all! Now you want to give an uninformed, and quite silly opinion on it like you're an expert! PLEASE! mine last all day and thats good enough for me! The G1 is a descent device far from crap though. Most of the people who call it crap are clueless to what it truly is!

And if you had your game on, you would have done your homework before you jumped blindly on the next bandwagon. You would have learned that Google never said it was out to take on any device! That was all media hype!(iphone killer) absurd!lol.. The storm was being touted as the iphone killer though....uhm....FAIL
    Last edited by rdills; 12-17-2008 at 04:59 PM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Well, its more of a contender than the Storm thats for sure!! My G1 has never cut off on me. Nor has that been a prob for anyone on the android forums for the record. My Curve rebooted at least 3-4 times a day with on its own! But of course every G1 you got mysteriously does it!? The batt life is on par with the Iphone, and better than the storm's. of curse batt life is not as good as the curve's because its a much more powerful device!(understatement) Also, it gets a lot better after a few weeks. But you wouldn't know that because you "returned both after less than a week", if you ever owned one at all! Now you want to give an uninformed, and quite silly opinion on it like you're an expert! PLEASE! mine last all day and thats good enough for me! The G1 is a descent device far from crap though. Most of the people who call it crap are clueless to what it truly is!

And if you had your game on, you would have done your homework before you jumped blindly on the next bandwagon. You would have learned that Google never said it was out to take on any device! That was all media hype!(iphone killer) absurd!lol.. The storm was being touted as the iphone killer though....uhm....FAIL

My post was an informed opinion, not directed at anyone. Why you took it upon yourself to attack my knowledge, experience, and character is beyond me.

I have used iPhones, BB's, WinMo, Sony Ericsson, Moto's, etc. for probably longer than you have been alive. I am experienced in not only software issues, but hardware as well. I build and repair phones, cook ROM's for WinMo devices, and am a member of the Android Community, xda Developers, MotoModders, etc., as well as the TMO G1 Forum. And, yes, I had two G1's.

What I said (obviously your rage at me caused you to misread my post) was that the 1st G1 randomly re-booted. Useless piece of crap! That one individual device. If you are going to rant like a little child with hurt feelings, at least quote me correctly! Battery life for the G1 is somewhat less than the iPhone, as of this post. As for it being a much more powerful device than the Curve...true, to a point. Hotter processor, touch-screen, GPS, all battery draining demons. HTC should have used a higher capacity battery for the G1. Future updates will, no doubt, correct the majority of the G1's problems. And many of these issues are quite well documented on the Android forums.

Why you even mentioned the BB Storm is a riddle...

These forums are a place to discuss experiences, seek or offer advice and help, and see things through others' eyes. You, my friend, are the one who needs to do your homework before you start slamming someone else's experience and opinion!

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    LOL..no part of my comment expressed rage. if so, quote that part, because that wasnt the intent. I questioned your experience with the G1 only!("less than a week") And feel its impossible to give an informed opinion without a FAIR amount of time with a device! especially the G1! I called the comment silly & uninformed, which is withstanding, but never called you any type of name. Hmmm...attacked you? you mean like calling smoeone "a little child" ?? thats not in my character

Since it riddles you so...lol, I mentioned the Storm because its a 1st gen, touchscreen device like the G1. Its also a BB, in which you said the G1 couldnt compete with. Wrong!
    So you want to tell me about the Stacks huh? well ive been here for a while now, & ive tried to help when I could. I'm sure you have done the same with all 13 of your posts...

If you say its not as good as the Iphone, BBs, & LMAO windows mobile, then tell me what features they have thats just killing the G1? You will be hard pressed to do so.

Perhaps "rage" was too strong a word, but, in your words, "My G1 has never cut off on me. Nor has that been a prob for anyone on the android forums for the record" implies that I am lying and you know every single member of the Android Community as well as their personal experience, and "But you wouldn't know that because you "returned both after less than a week", if you ever owned one at all! Now you want to give an uninformed, and quite silly opinion on it like you're an expert! PLEASE!" is a personal crack at my character for no reason. My mistake was replying to your post at all. I lowered myself. As for all 13 of my posts compared to your plethora of posts, most of yours seem to be criticizing other member's opinions, calling them uninformed or silly, and slamming every other phone on the market. You are truly an asset to the Stacks! None of us would know how wrong we are about everything if it weren't for you! Thank you so much! Now climb back on your little glorified Sidekick and have a great life...I will not justify your "hatin'" with any further replies.

Moderators, please remove and forgive if inappropriate. Thank you...

NeoLogic no está en línea Stack level 2
    The G1 is a glorified Sidekick?!??!? Odd, I didn't think the Sidekick could do a quarter of what a true smartphone could do. I could be wrong, since I have never owned or operated a Sidekick. Thank God.

I would take a G1 over a Sidekick any day. To call it a glorified Sidekick is not doing the G1 or Android any justice.
    The day Micro$haft makes something that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoLogic View Post
    The G1 is a glorified Sidekick?!??!? Odd, I didn't think the Sidekick could do a quarter of what a true smartphone could do. I could be wrong, since I have never owned or operated a Sidekick. Thank God.

I would take a G1 over a Sidekick any day. To call it a glorified Sidekick is not doing the G1 or Android any justice.

Exactly. But you can see, (in his rage lol) as he further embarrasses himself, he only used the G1 less than a week! I agree with him on 1 thing tough. Misleading, uninformed comments like his, should be removed! Oh but Then he would still be at 11 posts.LOL...good, stomp your feet & pout on your way out the door then! Who cares! These are just phones for me man! But I will call bs when I smell it. I don't care whoever don't like it!

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    i used my G1 for almost 2 months, got in on launch date, and just yesterday went back to my curve. finally.

love the G1, but it can't touch how reliable blackberry is.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by aldie View Post
    i used my G1 for almost 2 months, got in on launch date, and just yesterday went back to my curve. finally.

love the G1, but it can't touch how reliable blackberry is.
    I agree with you on that! But the G1 is fun & creative isnt it! I still use my curve for the reason you stated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast