Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

okay, well what colors are you looking for? just a white front? or the back ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bacon_and_rice no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

okay, well what colors are you looking for? just a white front? or the back also? any other colors?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    on a scale of 1-10, with ten being easy as pie, how hard was it to take apart/put back together?

PDXMATTS, PM me and i can do some work on the side for you.

cherri...i would say if its your first go at it, maybe a 7, but only because all you need is a torq wrench but i used a very small eye glass screw driver flat head. once you take out the two screws that you see above the top of the battery side, the bottom piece in the middle snaps off.

once the screws and middle bottom parts are off, everything pretty much is done. then you just pull down and out on the two black rubber sides, and theres two clips on each side that hold the housing onto the frame, use the flat head to pop those clips off the frame and its off.

you have to be firm but gentle if that makes any sense when taking it off. you can't just tug on it, but you do have to use some slight pressure. when i first did it, it took me about 5 minutes because i was being SUPER cautious, now that I have done it once, i can pop this bad boy off in about 45 seconds with no issues.

Thats always the concern of people who want to do this to their phone. and i would gladly do it for them, but two issues, i wouldn't trust sending my phone to anyone, and you would be without a phone for a day or two with shipping on top of that. if you go to youtube, search like disassemble blackberry curve, or something along those lines, thats what I followed and it was "easy as pie!"

if you want, i was thinking people could buy the faceplate, or the faceplate/battery door on ebay (the oem ones of course) and have them sent to me, then i can do the work and send them off to you. i thought that would seem to be the easiest, unless someone else had any suggestions.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    hardest part is getting the faceplate off of the unit because of all the side clips with some GENTLE force and colorful words that rhyme with truck, it can be done fairly easily.

hahaha, yeah the first time i didnt realize there were clips on the housing behind the rubber sides.

PIN/ID
    retired
    Yeah I "loosened" my lcd on that one... whoooops

PIN/ID
    retired
    The glossy black one I did before I really really liked, now I have a blue case on it, and i want to do a bright red one.... just finishing up a white one that I am not sure I am liking so much though...

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    Congrats on having a unique BB, looks great!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by bacon_and_rice View Post
    cherri...i would say if its your first go at it, maybe a 7, but only because all you need is a torq wrench but i used a very small eye glass screw driver flat head. once you take out the two screws that you see above the top of the battery side, the bottom piece in the middle snaps off.

once the screws and middle bottom parts are off, everything pretty much is done. then you just pull down and out on the two black rubber sides, and theres two clips on each side that hold the housing onto the frame, use the flat head to pop those clips off the frame and its off.

you have to be firm but gentle if that makes any sense when taking it off. you can't just tug on it, but you do have to use some slight pressure. when i first did it, it took me about 5 minutes because i was being SUPER cautious, now that I have done it once, i can pop this bad boy off in about 45 seconds with no issues.

Thats always the concern of people who want to do this to their phone. and i would gladly do it for them, but two issues, i wouldn't trust sending my phone to anyone, and you would be without a phone for a day or two with shipping on top of that. if you go to youtube, search like disassemble blackberry curve, or something along those lines, thats what I followed and it was "easy as pie!"

if you want, i was thinking people could buy the faceplate, or the faceplate/battery door on ebay (the oem ones of course) and have them sent to me, then i can do the work and send them off to you. i thought that would seem to be the easiest, unless someone else had any suggestions.
    i took my 7100g apart when the track wheel crapped out so i have the whole set of screw drivers. but this one looks to be more complicated, so i have always been leary of opening the baby up. my screen isn't messed up, but would like to get some of the dust out from behind.

cherri, let me know if you want something done. personally i love the white, it blends well with th elight silver keys and the matching chrome face. if you want another color, let me know. i'll make sure it doesn't cost $100 like some other places

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bacon_and_rice View Post
    I know some online shops do them but for a leg. maybe i can post some in the "for sale" section for a few bucks? what does everyone think? or would that just be a waste of time =P not that this would be my new full time job, but side cash is nice!

I would certainly buy some if u did set up shop on here. I want to paint my phone but don't have the time to do it.
    I would need to sets, one for me and one for my gf
    Proud owner of a 8700g and a 8320

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    sick new look love it
    RedCurv07

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I pm'd you, let me know if you received it.

i got your PM, let me know if you're still interested.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast