Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Originally Posted by dkesterson ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Oh no, with a name like DAYTONA it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: Blackberry 8300!! Yes sir!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dkesterson
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Oh no, with a name like DAYTONA it will only jinx the phone. Imagine all the crashes!
    Ha! Not nearly as fun to watch.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

zentient no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Odd for them to beta a model with a gsm radio and then make it CDMA... Unless its cdma/gsm hybrid...... But that thing wont have any battery life... with wifi.... But hey some people can dream. But then we forget that boy genius report ppt..... With a very similar phone
    I'm as fond of excitement as the next guy, but I'm more allergic to disappointment. We might as well make market strategy as prominent in our consideration as information in advance. Why?

Well, for example, in this image, the battery is listed as 1100 mAh. It doesn't make sense as a battery spec for a device that is to follow the 8800, as the 8800 seems to have a 1400 mAh. A follow-on device with WiFi +/- camera would need at least the same battery capacity. (Please note, this is not an attempt to debunk anyone who has provided information here, such as the gifted and generous BoyGenius.)

But, here are some other facts to chew on:
    The NA RIM site has an empty space where the battery type should be listed for the 8800 spec.
    The EU RIM site lists it as 1400 mAh. This site also claims a lithium battery, as opposed to NiMH.
    • Does anyone know what's actually in the 8800 today and what is likely to be in 88xx's/9xxx?

This could be another typical case of imprecise web page management, or perhaps it indicates something else. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycrabb
    Good catch! If you look at the back of the "evaluation device" you can clearly see two copper contacts - I say these were made for a desktop charging cradle.
    What are these things? Could they be antenna exposure for the GPS?

Boy Genius got his hands on the 8300 here, so take a look!

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by zentient
    What are these things? Could they be antenna exposure for the GPS?

I'm pretty sure they're charging contacts, for charging the device.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

If TMO rolls this out around May/June, I'd be able to use my upgrade.
    All the hype about the 8800 was simply a torture for all of us due to not having all the
    bells and whistles that should've come in the new 8800.

It looks like I made a wise decision not to buy an unlocked 8800.

I hope TMO gets actively involved with this 8300.
    If they do in the next 3~4 months, I will definately buy it and my Pearl will be retiring.
    But until then... my Pearl is doing more that enough to keep me satisfied.

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Very interesting, I spoke to my TMO connection today he said that when he spoke to Tech Service at TMO regarding my issue they mentioned they had spec and state sheets for both the 8800 and the 8320, they also stated that they had in house training on both-

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

With the release of the Apple I Phone just around the corner, June 1, and if you look at TMO's 14 day Buyer Remorse protocol, and one would think that it is paramount to get the new 8320 out prio to the apple release, May 7 to 14 would be the probable release date(s)
    With all the effort put into TMO's Hot Spots it leaves you scratching your head and holding your chin as to why the Wifi version didnt make it out the gate first-
    Look at whats going on with the 8800, its seriouslly back ordered and yes TMO thinks more about their Business clients than us poor loyal BB supporters

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by patcatuk
    With the rate of these 8800 versions coming out I think I will wait till december. Hopefully a 3g version will be out to compete against the european launch of the iPhone.

Maybe by then the new UI will be out as well as more internal memory available.
    You won't see 3G until the 9XXX's.

They're not really increasing the production rate of new models. Just increasing the number of new models in each generation to help fill different niches.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid
    Look at whats going on with the 8800, its seriouslly back ordered and yes TMO thinks more about their Business clients than us poor loyal BB supporters
    No one has released an 83XX yet. The 88XX's are out and read to go now -- that's why TMO is offering them first.
    Last edited by takeshi; 04-29-2007 at 02:08 AM.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it must be out because bbmole said he saw one today. Yea right! no need to tell fibs its all speculation at this point unless its in your hands.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have a feeling that I will be holding on to my 8703e for quite awhile. I'm no where due for an upgrade and if the 8300 comes out soon for Verizon which I seriously doubt, full price will probably be in the $600 range. Way out of my budget. But it's an awesome looking device.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

The 8300 looks promising but i am waiting for the true next generation bb, a 3g and suretype blackberry

peabrain108 no está en línea Stack level 1

woo hoo!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345