Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Winste, you’re right, that is the spirit of the forum. Anyone who is here to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: Blackberry 8300!! Yes sir!

Advertisement

Winste, you’re right, that is the spirit of the forum.

Anyone who is here to scrutinize the opinions or hypothesis of another member make it difficult for this to be an open medium through which to share ideas. The sharing of ideas is what this place is all about.
    By no means am I saying that opinions couldn’t be different or opposing, if we all had the same thoughts there would be no need to share them. However, belittling the contribution of another member will only deteriorate this free exchange of ideas.

That being said, I have heard from a proven and reputable source that this model will in fact be CDMA. (Yes I see where it says GPRS in the photo)

Dreamers, keep on dreaming those crazy dreams!
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by mistadobolin
    Winste, you’re right, that is the spirit of the forum.

Anyone who is here to scrutinize the opinions or hypothesis of another member make it difficult for this to be an open medium through which to share ideas. The sharing of ideas is what this place is all about.
    By no means am I saying that opinions couldn’t be different or opposing, if we all had the same thoughts there would be no need to share them. However, belittling the contribution of another member will only deteriorate this free exchange of ideas.

That being said, I have heard from a proven and reputable source that this model will in fact be CDMA. (Yes I see where it says GPRS in the photo)

Dreamers, keep on dreaming those crazy dreams!
    Odd for them to beta a model with a gsm radio and then make it CDMA... Unless its cdma/gsm hybrid...... But that thing wont have any battery life... with wifi.... But hey some people can dream. But then we forget that boy genius report ppt..... With a very similar phone

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

If you all look at the first line of the specs on the phone, there's the dead giveaway about who is releasing the phone. "GSM/GPRS/EDGE" I smell a release from Cingular and T-Mobile. Who gets it first out of those 2 is the question.

Also, Verizon JUST GOT the 8703e a few months ago. Seeing how slow they are, it'll be 2008 or 2009 before they get this.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

So what are "External Charging Contacts"?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

USB ports.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    So what are "External Charging Contacts"?
    Good catch! If you look at the back of the "evaluation device" you can clearly see two copper contacts - I say these were made for a desktop charging cradle.

I think the 8800 has something similar on the left side, but I havn't seen a cradle for it...yet.
    Last edited by jerrycrabb; 03-06-2007 at 11:45 AM.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Whoa, this looks awesome!

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I hope that 8300 keyboard is better than the tightly spaced 8700 I am currently using.

With the rate of these 8800 versions coming out I think I will wait till december. Hopefully a 3g version will be out to compete against the european launch of the iPhone.

Maybe by then the new UI will be out as well as more internal memory available.

Let the dreaming commence.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Yeah I have read about that 8300, I read some that its code named "DAYTONA". I'll just wait for that phone instead of the 8800... Although tmobile doesn't have the 8800 yet.hopefully this would come out this year.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

I just want the version that comes with the limited editon golden Richard Simmons head band!! Lol

bbmole no está en línea Stack level 1

Saw one today. Basically a big Pearl with QWERTY keyboard......however was told no WiFi and NO GPS!!!!!!!!!!!

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by bbmole
    Saw one today. Basically a big Pearl with QWERTY keyboard......however was told no WiFi and NO GPS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sure...,.. where did you see it?

jwheels no está en línea Stack level 1

With the name Daytona, anyone think this might be a Sprint exclusive of all things. Heard it will be CDMA, maybe a stretch but they sure need something new for Sprint soon............

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by bbmole
    Saw one what? 8300? Where?

dkesterson no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2040D185

Oh no, with a name like DAYTONA it will only jinx the phone. Imagine all the crashes!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast