I have the Powerstation desktop charger and it's fine for charging my 8320. I also ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jackeyres no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry 8300 Series Powerstation

I have the Powerstation desktop charger and it's fine for charging my 8320. I also bought a USB to USB lead in the hope that I could use it to synchronise with Desktop Manager. I can't get it to work - am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

Have you ever sync'd your device before? What does it have to do with the powerstation? Can you elaborate?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    ~via BB ( powerstation shouldn't even be affecting the usb cables. When you connect your device to your computer in the bottom right hand corner does it show that you have connect a rim handheld or anything along those lines?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ask Me!
    I'm a little confused what you're asking since the powerstation has nothing to do with the desktop syncronization.

With that said, did you install the latest Desktop Manager software? It includes the drivers needed for your Windows computer to see your Blackberry and synchronize with it.

Also of note -- you have to have something to synchronize the BB with -- MS Outlook, or the like. Otherwise, all you're doing is charging / backing up the device.

If you plug in your BB to the computer via USB, as jonnyxedge said, you should see an icon in your task bar. If not, you're missing the drivers for the device.

Good luck!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade