Hi, i am pretty new with this forum and with blackberry too. I just bought ... BlackBerry Curve forum

marulez no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Blackberry 8300 (curve) map?

Advertisement

Hi, i am pretty new with this forum and with blackberry too. I just bought BB 8300 from cingular and have cingular connection. While playing with it, i found "Telenav Maps". I also found out you need to subscribe and pay in order to use that map. Last time when i talked to one of my friend, he told me there are some softwares which lets you use those map for free. I don't have any internet connection in my cellphone. So my question is "Can I use the map (GPS purpose) even though i don't have internet and telenav subscription from cingular? Can i use external software to hack(if that is the term) it? Thanks in advance.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Blackberry 8300 (curve) map?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

To use any map program you need a data plan. Telenav is subscription based but your BB does have the original map program on it that you can "unlock" and use for free.

Again you NEED a data plan for any map program to work.

i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2

i thought telenav maps was free you just need to buy a gps blutooth
    as far as having a blackberry but not having internet, im confused, so you just use it for the phone purpose and thats it? when i got mine it it mandatory you get a data plan with it. google maps uses a gps location thing but it isnt pinpoint accurate. i guess im confused how you access these programs when you dont have a data plan.
    the map programs i use are:
    bb maps
    telenav
    google maps

i don't think i have a data plan.. anyway thanks for answer.

i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2

no prob!

MaryBethLowell no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi - Mary Beth from TeleNav here. Just to clear up some confusion. TeleNav Maps is free (like BlackBerry Maps) but TeleNav GPS Navigator is $10/month. The difference is that TeleNav Maps does not use GPS and provides written/static directions and mapping. TeleNav GPS Navigator provides turn-by-turn voice and on-screen directions - much like an in-car navigation or standard GPS device.

Since TeleNav Maps does not incorporate GPS, you won't need to purchase a GPS bluetooth to use it. If you want to upgrade to TeleNav GPS Navigator, you will need a GPS bluetooth receiver (which you can purchase through us or through AT&T). The 8310 has built-in GPS so a separate receiver is not necessary.

Hope this is helpful,
    Mary Beth

thanks mary
    Last edited by marulez; 01-21-2008 at 07:31 PM.

franklinmall no está en línea Stack level 1
    I finally figured out how to add addresses and look up businesses on the web and synchronize them to my Navigator's "Favorites". If anyone is interested here is the link: http://my.telenav.com