Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does anyone know why my curves trackball is now black? i get a tiny bit ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3

black trackball

Advertisement

does anyone know why my curves trackball is now black? i get a tiny bit of light through it if i hold it at an angle, but otherwise it looks like it does not light up anymore. also, how many lights are supposed to illuminate the trackball? i took it out and all i can see is one led on the left side so im wondering if one burnt out or something? thanks guys

ocjelf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2139A283
    Durty

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Is the LED bright when you take the trackball out? If so, then it's just dirty and you need a new trackball. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    maybe the LED got pushed to one side? I'm pretty sure there's only one LED, but the housing for the trackball is pretty delicate and might have shifted. I'd think the light would be the least of your problems if that were the case though.

Try cleaning the trackball with a light cleaner, and dry it thoroughly (NO MOISTURE) before putting it back in. Can you get a picture of how the LED looks?
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Its just dirty, they get that way after a few months from using it. And there is only one white LED on the curve in the lower right side of the ball. All I can say is try cleaning it or just replace it if it really bugs you.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Mine is darker after a few months, but not black. I guess it would depend on conditions and what not.

Hopefully everything works out.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yeah i had heard that they get dirty. i dont know what material the actual ball is made of but i think it must have like soaked the dirt inside it. i work in a fairly dusty area, and it got almost black really fast, but theres nothing to clean off the outside like you would think. anyone know how the dirt gets inside the ball? and also, any cheap places to get a new one? i can find them for like 6 bucks but then theres like 5 extra bucks for shipping which i hate

I've tried everything I can think of to clean my trackball to no avail. I've completely taken the assembly apart, soaked it in vinegar, bleach, alcohol, I've even tried a Mr. Clean magic eraser. Zip, zilch, nada. 10 or 11 bucks sounds about right for a new one off ebay, which I did with my old Pearl (and the Curve's due for a new one too).

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    I have been through a few trackballs because I went through a phase where I wanted to be a trackball expert. The trackball is really just a tiny rubber marble. I havent had a trackball turn black or anything. I have had a few turn a yellowish brown color from a number of different things (dirt, smoke, etc) but if the trackball is BLACK then there is something wrong. Your phone might be overheating and making burn marks on your trackball.

If you are afraid to disassemble your trackball assembly to clean the actual ball you can always just buy a new one. It is like 10 bucks online. and its simple as hell to replace.

If you want to disassemble the assembly there is a tutorial on the stacks somewhere but beware taking apart the assembly is how i messed up 2 or 3 assemblies.

Yeah I've also tried cleaning the ball itself. I can take it apart an put it back together ok. Its not burnt or anything salbo its just so dirty I can't see the light thru it so it looks black to me. I'm prob just gonna buy a new one, its just tough to swallow paying as much for shipping as the trackball itself. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Since you work in a dusty environment, why not buy a couple for the future? A lot of ebay sellers will discount shipping on more than one item.

Yeah that's probably a good call. Thanks for the idea ganns~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey, looking for a replacement for mine and found this - http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OEM-BLACKBER...QQcmdZViewItem
    That's the best price I've ever seen em at.

nice find ganns! the no shipping is awesome! thanks!

No problem! I ordered one today from them, already got the email with shipping info. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast