Hi, Im on BIS with mobilink in pakistan. For the last one month I cannot ... BlackBerry Curve forum

taimur no está en línea Stack level 2

BIS problems.....

Advertisement

Hi,
    Im on BIS with mobilink in pakistan. For the last one month I cannot send any pictures thru email. When I take a picture with my 8300's camera, i see the option to email it but the email just doesnt go thru. Same is the problem with sound files (like ringtones) even though the file size is between 10k-300k (so that shouldnt be any problem.)

Regular emails go thru easily.

I talked to my service provider and apparently this problem came when they were upgrading BIS to 2.4 and everyone in Pakistan is facing this problem while people on BES have no problems.

The service provider also said that this problem is from RIM's end and it is a worldwide problem.

Has anyone else also faced problems in emailing pictures from their BB?

Thanx

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: BIS problems.....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~nope I can send pictures via MMS and e-mail from my 8320. So I'm not sure of the problem your incurring. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but that's what I know

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

No problems sending photo emails here. Your service provider blaming RIM is not necessarily true. Are you paying for a data service? Have you checked your service books on your BIS account?
    Also registered your host routing table?

Have you tried composing an email and hitting menu and attaching the photo that way instead of right afer you take the picture?
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Ya I ve tried attaching pics as well.
    The email just doesnt go thru. Even the data arrows in top right corner are missing.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by taimur
    Ya I ve tried attaching pics as well.
    The email just doesnt go thru. Even the data arrows in top right corner are missing.
    Have you tried any other attachments? When you try to send what happens? Do you get an x or a check mark? If an x whyen you open the message it shoudl give an error. What error does it give. And go into menu, options, advanced options, applications, and see if you have the BB attachment service.

When I get the X mark it says Unknown Error.
    I do have BB attachment service in applications.

My service provider claims that this is a global problem with RIM's BIS 2.4 but that is just the service provider probably trying to pass on the blame.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I email pictures all the time on my 8320 with no problems. Its deff not a RIM worldwide issue.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by taimur
    When I get the X mark it says Unknown Error.
    I do have BB attachment service in applications.

My service provider claims that this is a global problem with RIM's BIS 2.4 but that is just the service provider probably trying to pass on the blame.
    From rim, I would say to try and reload the software and get the service books sent again.

Unknown Error Reported with attachment module

Doc ID : KB02440
    Last Modified : 2006-11-27
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment
    • BlackBerry® device
    • BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Problem

When you use the attachment module, you receive the following error on the BlackBerry device:
    Unknown Error Reported

Cause

The following are possible causes for this problem:
    1. The BlackBerry Attachment Service is not installed properly.
    2. The BlackBerry Desktop Software, installed in Terminal Services, uses Remote Administration Mode rather than Application Mode.
    3. The attachment module on the handheld is corrupt.

Resolution

Cause 1
    The Attachment Service is not installed properly.
    Resolution
    Verify that the Attachment Service is started and that no errors appear in the event viewer on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Please see white paper BlackBerry Attachment Service to install and start the Attachment Service.
    Cause 2
    The desktop software, installed in Terminal Services, uses Remote Administration Mode rather than Application Mode.
    Resolution
    Re-install the desktop software and select Application Mode instead of Remote Administration Mode.
    Cause 3
    The attachment module on the BlackBerry device is corrupt.
    Resolution
    Run Application Loader to uninstall and re-install the Attachment Service.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 10-24-2007 at 10:24 AM.