Hi I am a BB newbie so any help is appreciated. I currently have blackberry ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ParadisePorter no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30416c33

Question BIS but want BES -- bb newbie!

Advertisement

Hi

I am a BB newbie so any help is appreciated.

I currently have blackberry email address set up, using the BIS. But I would like to connect to my works email server and start using the BES instead. Is there a way you can do both, get work and personal emails?

Can someone help me set this up, or explain how I can get back to the screen for Enterprise Server?

Thanks!

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    Options / Advanced Settings / Enterprise Activation

and Yes you can have both personal and corporate email delivered to your device.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can do both BIS and BES mail with your device. Does your work have a BES setup? Your IT folks need to create a BES account, associated with your work e-mail...then cradle on your work machine with your DM configured for BES. You'll do a quick enterprise activation and then you'll have both

One more thing - your Carrier can actually keep you from doing BES. If you have a BIS-only service, your BES mail might not work - best to double-check with service you have.
    Last edited by Ridicule; 09-10-2008 at 11:34 AM.

PIN/ID
    30416c33
    Thank you both for the replies! As far as I know, my work has a BES set up I just have to get the password from our network admin.

I believe my service lets me have BES, when I first got the bb that was what it kept asking me for -- the password/email for my Enterprise Server stuff....

Thanks again!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    One more thing to think of, if it is your device, if you do put it on BES, they can and might change what you can do with your device. Alot of shops disable the camera. I would use BIS and have it use IMAP/POP to get your work mail. Also if you go BES, the company you are with must have a license available.

I manage a BES server at work and I have a personal BB that I use and have BIS get my work mail as I do not want any policy to be pushed on my device.

PIN/ID
    30416c33
    "Options / Advanced Settings / Enterprise Activation"

I do not see an option for Enterprise Activation. HeLp Please.

I am using v4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.72)
    *aP

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Go to "Options", then "Advanced Options" from here you will see "Enterprise Activation"

Hmm. DM might enable that option. If you're going to be cradling with your work PC, it's going to need to know where your BES is.
    First thing you need to do is have your IT admin create a BES account for you. Once he's done that, you should re-install DM, making sure to select work e-mail / Enterprise mail so that the bits are installed to talk to the BES for EA.

PIN/ID
    30416c33
    The only options I see are:
    Applications
    Browser
    Browser Push
    Default Services
    GPS
    Host Routing Table
    Maps
    Service Book

I had seen the Enterprise Server activation screen the first day I had this phone, but have not seen it or anything like it since.
    *aP

Like I said - DM might flag that option (ie. hide it) In any case, I'd suggest you proceed as I mentioned (until you actually have a BES account, there's no point in looking at anything else).

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    Like I said - DM might flag that option (ie. hide it) In any case, I'd suggest you proceed as I mentioned (until you actually have a BES account, there's no point in looking at anything else).
    He's right, If you have DM on you're Work PC. and do a BIS install then the BES and Enterprise active will be flagged.
    Re-install you're DM and choose BES and you should be ok.

PIN/ID
    30416c33
    Thanks, I will try to reinstall DM and go from there.
    *aP