Ok I've had this curve over two months now without problems. I woke up today, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mrghozt no está en línea Stack level 2

big problem, pls help

Advertisement

Ok I've had this curve over two months now without problems. I woke up today, made a call but they couldn't hear me. I figured it was their phone not mine. Apparantly its mine. Noone can hear me I even called myself to check. I know its not a broken phone because it doesn't work when I plug my headset in either! Someone pls help. I can't figure it out. I rebooted n everything. Also searched in options and stuff I figured maybe I hit something by accident. Also the mute is not on. Any help would be super appreciated. This is frustrating. Thx

John

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: big problem, pls help

Sounds broken to me. I haven't seen that issue before. i would try putting the headphones on and turning off and on the mute a few times to see if that works. Good luck
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Any chance you have bluetooth turned on, and a paired headset somewhere in the vicinity? I've done that a couple of times. Phone rang, I answered - and it was as if the phone was dead. In each case, I had left BT on, and a live headset in my pocket or in a compartment in my car where I couldn't hear it - but it could connect to the phone. All audio was diverted to the headset and it seemed dead...

If that's not it, before total panic sets in, you might want to download the latest version of the OS that you're using to your PC, have it ready to go, then do a device wipe on the blackberry and reinstall the OS. If that still fails...then I'd be convinced that there's a hardware problem.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It was bluetooth. Had the headset a drawer. Weird tho, I haven't used the thing in about two weeks yet it was on somehow. O well, I'm just really glad my curve works n I don't need a new one. One more ? I have att, can I et my curve insured? Thanks for all your help.
    -John

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

That happened to my mom the other day. We were in Wal Mart and she had her phone on and her headset in her purse and when she went to make a call, she couldn't hear anyone LOL Put the headset on and was able to hear who she was talking to on the phone.

No you cannot get insurance thru AT&T for the Curve.

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by mrghozt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It was bluetooth. Had the headset a drawer. Weird tho, I haven't used the thing in about two weeks yet it was on somehow. O well, I'm just really glad my curve works n I don't need a new one. One more ? I have att, can I et my curve insured? Thanks for all your help.
    -John
    thats kind of a loaded question. if you are an existing customer that upgraded to a Curve and had insurance on your acount before hand, then yes you are insured. Because insurance was attached before the upgrade was processed, you are grandfathered in. If you are a new customer, then you're out of luck. As of right now the Curve is non-insurable for new customers.....hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    That happened to my mom the other day. We were in Wal Mart and she had her phone on and her headset in her purse and when she went to make a call, she couldn't hear anyone LOL Put the headset on and was able to hear who she was talking to on the phone.

No you cannot get insurance thru AT&T for the Curve.
    The thing that still gets me though is the fact that I could hear the person on the other end, they just couldn't hear me. I'm 99% sure that when ur using ur bluetooth headset there is no audio fed to the handset. Whatever I could really care less. My ohone works great that was the only minor problem I've had. Other than dust under the screen of course, and I dropped it twice the day before my gel case arrived from ebay with pretty serious deep scratch results. Sucks but I got over them since now the gel cover covers it hehe. And I just found out u can order almost any replacement part for the curve online for less than $20, I think that's kinda sweet. They even have the little piece that's over the screen where it says blackberry in black instead of chrome. Looks way better. I just love to type on this thing lmao. Take it ez guys bedtime for me 3:20 am.

BigTNPapa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2402F705

Quote Originally Posted by jedd206
    thats kind of a loaded question. if you are an existing customer that upgraded to a Curve and had insurance on your acount before hand, then yes you are insured. Because insurance was attached before the upgrade was processed, you are grandfathered in. If you are a new customer, then you're out of luck. As of right now the Curve is non-insurable for new customers.....hope that makes sense.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no grandfathering on the insurance deal. I have been a Cingual customer for 4 years and had insurance all along, I just upgraded to a Pearl 4 months ago and I was not able to Grandfather anything. It does not matter, they simply don't cover the PDA's and smartphones over a certain dollar value. They tell you that you can get insruance through your home insurance carrier, but I checked with mine through Liberty Mutual and no dice there. I have already had to replace my Pearl once already so I am trying to find insurance for mine now.