Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I decided to order the rubberized skin from RIM for body protection, but I still ... BlackBerry Curve forum

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

Re: Best skin ever - for the CURVE

Advertisement

I decided to order the rubberized skin from RIM for body protection, but I still need screen protection, so I ordered just the screen covers from BSE. I'll report back with a review of the screen covers after I get them and I've had one on my Curve for a while.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by wasafiri
    My review--

4. I use a Blackberry leather pouch, and unfortunately, I have discovered that the dyes used to make the leather black absorb easily onto the skin. I have dye marks on the back/bottom/sides of the Curve, where it rubs against the leather pouch. This is somewhat disappointing, but as the skin only cost $4.99, it's not that big of a deal for me. I have two extra skins at home (cost me a WHOLE $10!) so I'll just replace the skin when the stains get too bad.

Regardless, I feel better knowing that the Curve itself is protected, I don't care too much about what happens to the skin...
    ya, i found out the hard way that if you use the 'spray' sunscreen and some of the mist gets on the bse, it won't wipe off like most oily/watery substances. it 'stains' so i'll be changing my screen bse soon. its really starting to get annoying

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2

Just finish putting this skin on my curve, looks like there it isn't even on....excellent....crazy thing is that had it not been for this thread I woulda coughed up $25 for the BODYGuardz version....I had the BG one on my 8700 and its the same exact thing BestSkinsEver is selling @ a 5th of the price....

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    ya, i found out the hard way that if you use the 'spray' sunscreen and some of the mist gets on the bse, it won't wipe off like most oily/watery substances. it 'stains' so i'll be changing my screen bse soon. its really starting to get annoying
    I had a butterscotch candy wrapper in my pocket along with my pearl with a bse on it. The bright yellow from the wrapper transfered onto my screen and would not come off. I ended up taking a credit card and scrapped it off with the edge but it took forever and a day. The bse was in perfect shape even after all that scraping. LOL.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I got mine in the mail... now to convience the hubby to put it on...
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    I got mine in the mail... now to convience the hubby to put it on...
    Ordered mine a couple of days ago. Been a SZ customer on other devices (MDA and a couple of phones), so I'm curious to see how this works. Just getting screen protector though, and keeping the Curve in the BB OEM leather holster.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

got my bestskin in the mail. just need to stick it to my curve

Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

Quote Originally Posted by silverdreams
    I decided to order the rubberized skin from RIM for body protection, but I still need screen protection, so I ordered just the screen covers from BSE. I'll report back with a review of the screen covers after I get them and I've had one on my Curve for a while.
    Ok, I've had a BSE screen cover on my Curve for about a month now, so I finally feel comfortable writing a review.

Application was a bit tedious and nerve-wracking (eek! water on my Curve!! O_O), but I took the time to follow the instructions and do it right, and it turned out perfectly. I even did it in a steamy bathroom like they recommend, to avoid dust getting trapped under the skin, and lo, no dust!

Immediately after application, I was quite upset because I realized that the skin itself had come with a long scratch on it, and it was quite visible on the screen, but I didn't panic. I waited, and after a couple days, I couldn't see the scratch anymore unless I really looked for it. The skin itself was a bit cloudy at first, but that also cleared up in a couple days, as others have reported.

Most adhesive skins tend to pick up dust and lint on the edges, and the BSE screen cover is no exception. However, the dust and lint has been very easy to remove with just a couple swipes of my thumb, and the amount of lint it picks up in my pocket has been slowly decreasing over time. I assume this is because as dust and lint keeps getting stuck to the adhesive, it leaves tiny particles trapped and the adhesive is therefore becoming less sticky. You've probably observed this phenomenon if you've tried to move a sticker on a shirt.

As a screen protector, the skin works very well! It hasn't picked up any new scratches at all, and obviously, neither has the Curve screen itself. Before I applied the BSE screen cover, I was really irritated that every time I held the Curve up to my face to talk on the phone, afterwards I would have to spend an inordinate amount of time wiping the screen to get all the oil off. But now, with the BSE cover on, all it takes is a few gentle wipes to get rid of the oil. It seems to be oil-repellent!

I'm super pleased with my BSE screen cover, and I heartily recommend it! And thank you, Cherry, for posting about BSE in the first place, since that's how I found out about it.

As a side note, I'm also satisfied with the RIM rubberized skin I got. It makes the Curve very easy to grip, and it also helps keep it from sliding around on smooth surfaces.

gooddog no está en línea Stack level 2

Just put the bse full skin on my brand new shiney crimson 8310 and I LOVE it. Its clear/almost invisable already and its only been a couple of hours. I would have never known about this or had the courage to put it on my bb if it werent for this forum. THANKS!

PIN/ID
    ATA

awesome product glad you like it

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Okay, this is probably in the category of 'hey riddler are you really that dumb' but here goes anyway...I use a Seidio rubberized case and holster. First, is there really any reason to use a skin such as BSE type when I use a case like this and secondly, does anyone know if the Seidio case would even fit over a BSE skin? I believe the Seidio case fits so snuggly that a BSE skin will probably not fit underneat the case.

PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Riddler -- you would prolly just want the screen bse, instead of the full body
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 10-21-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: dang suretype?

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Thanks Cherri...still my favorite hippie chick

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I just finished applying mine

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

There is no room for a BODY skin with the seidio case... Just the screen protection only...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast