Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Well if it shipped on the 13th of July...it has only been 5 business day ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Best skin ever - for the CURVE

Advertisement

Well if it shipped on the 13th of July...it has only been 5 business day baotuan....give it a few more days. Mine took about a week. It is well worth the wait. Just be patient and give it till next week.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

baotuan no está en línea Stack level 1

true... its just that i don't wanna get any scratches on my new curve... its the first phone i actually spent some money on and you know how it is, getting a new toy and all. Just anxious since my friend got his in 3 days and he lives like a block away from me haha.

I guess i'll just have to wait.. thanks

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Just treat it like a baby....well cause it is! I used to carry mine around not only in its holster but with a soft wipe cloth too and carefully wiped it all the time. When you get the skin, take your time. It should take you about half hour for a good install. Read through all the instructions first and then get started. I refused to leave my phone off for the 48 hours they said to though...ha! I turned it back on within an hour....it was fine. Just be careful. PM if you need help.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

baotuan no está en línea Stack level 1

sounds good thanks

Dez
    Dez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249F9F19

How does it work when it is in your pocket a lot. Do the edges peel after a while, or does it actually last? I'm sceptical from seeing others.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

after about 6 months, you will probably want to change it. but as for the edges, mine never peeled.

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC

The top just above the camera flash is peeling on my Curve BSE because of the Seidio spring clip. Otherwise I am happy with my BSE.

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I ordered 3.2 pearl skins for my wife and a friend and 1 for my curve.
    Took a good 1 hour to fix it on both pearls.when it was time to fix it on my curve I was super confident with zero patience. I did a pretty shoddy job . I guess I'll leave it on for a few months, till siedio comes up with a rubber case.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

does the screen cover get wear marks from going in and out of the sleave or belt clip? I have been cutting some generic screen covers and then slapping them on the screen, but notice wear marks after a couple of days or so. VERY interested in getting this skin though.

Lemme know : )

PIN/ID
    ATA

Darryl - I think over time u will. But that will/should take months.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

had mine on my 8800 three weeks from shieldzone. Full body.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Re: Best skin ever - for the CURVE

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    actually not the same thing...i ordered the SZ screen protector first (before they had the full body shield) and it is very different...

BSE all tha way
    Cherri (hi) - curious: I have SZ on my old (18 mos - that's about 92 in cell phone years) t-mobile MDA. Been on the screen for about a year now - and still looks like new. Seems just about indestructable, and works well. Only downside is that it's a bit "softer" feeling than the original digitizer / screen, so writing with the stylus isn't quite as crisp. But the screen is definitely protected.

Anyway - curious about your comments distinguishing SQ from BSE. On their site, BSE suggests that it's basically the same thing (except for price, of course). I'm 99% sure the stuff that SZ uses is a super strong film from 3M, originally developed for high wear situations like wrapping helicopter rotor blades (really - helps reduce wear due to debris hitting the blades); very similar to the front-end wrap film that 3M makes for the auto after market, too.

Does the BSE feel different? Smoother / more or less stretchy / etc? Curious about qualitative differences, appearance, feel, etc. Love the feel of the curve right now - don't want to compromise that, but I DO want to protect at least the screen...

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

Thanks cherrichiodo. I found my first scatch on my screen. I went ahead and ordered a full body protection.

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    Cherri (hi) - curious: I have SZ on my old (18 mos - that's about 92 in cell phone years) t-mobile MDA. Been on the screen for about a year now - and still looks like new. Seems just about indestructable, and works well. Only downside is that it's a bit "softer" feeling than the original digitizer / screen, so writing with the stylus isn't quite as crisp. But the screen is definitely protected.

Anyway - curious about your comments distinguishing SQ from BSE. On their site, BSE suggests that it's basically the same thing (except for price, of course). I'm 99% sure the stuff that SZ uses is a super strong film from 3M, originally developed for high wear situations like wrapping helicopter rotor blades (really - helps reduce wear due to debris hitting the blades); very similar to the front-end wrap film that 3M makes for the auto after market, too.

Does the BSE feel different? Smoother / more or less stretchy / etc? Curious about qualitative differences, appearance, feel, etc. Love the feel of the curve right now - don't want to compromise that, but I DO want to protect at least the screen...
    vinmont - i have used both and found that the SZ is a bit thicker, which does make a difference. the BSE seems to be thinner, so different feel all together. i had a real bad time getting bubbles out from under the SZ too. but for some reason, the BSE worked GREAT...with no issues. the reason why i stick with them

wasafiri no está en línea Stack level 1

My review--

1. Installation is pretty easy! I put the front and back on first, let them dry overnight, then did the bottom and sides the next day--sides were more difficult, but took me less than 15 minutes.

2. Initially, the skin is somewhat noticeable, but after it dries for 48hrs, as everyone says, it becomes pretty much invisible. You can't tell it's there by looking--it just looks "shinier" but that's the extent of it.

3. No scratches! I have tried to scratch this thing to no avail. Makes me worry less about damaging the device.

4. I use a Blackberry leather pouch, and unfortunately, I have discovered that the dyes used to make the leather black absorb easily onto the skin. I have dye marks on the back/bottom/sides of the Curve, where it rubs against the leather pouch. This is somewhat disappointing, but as the skin only cost $4.99, it's not that big of a deal for me. I have two extra skins at home (cost me a WHOLE $10!) so I'll just replace the skin when the stains get too bad.

Regardless, I feel better knowing that the Curve itself is protected, I don't care too much about what happens to the skin...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast