Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what do you guys recommend? the mobi or the seidio? i need something durable.... BlackBerry Curve forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

best holster for Curve?

Advertisement

what do you guys recommend? the mobi or the seidio? i need something durable.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Not familiar with the mobi, but I can put in one vote for the Seidio hard rubberized case.

Been using one for a couple of months now and love it.

It's the burgundy case protecting my Crimson 8310.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I use the case mate phamtom leather case with my 8310 its easy to use has a good grip easy to take in and out of holster and i wanted something that would protect it at all times and its the best combo i ever seem for a phone check this link out its a good deal i bought from this user and had a fast delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantom-Black-Le...QQcmdZViewItem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Not familiar with the mobi, but I can put in one vote for the Seidio hard rubberized case.

Been using one for a couple of months now and love it.

It's the burgundy case protecting my Crimson 8310.
    I agree, Seido is the best. I've used them on 3 different devices now..

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I concur, Seido holsters are the best...I have yet to purchase a product from them that I wasn't impressed with!!

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    I'm using the seido skin/holster combo and I like it. Besides, when it's not in the holster it's not naked either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Out View Post
    I'm using the seido skin/holster combo and I like it. Besides, when it's not in the holster it's not naked either.
    Yep, you can actually use the OEM BlackBerry case with the hard rubberized case (the one with the flap over the top). It's a little difficult to get the device in and out, but still works like a charm. I was a little worried about the device being secure in the Seidio holster with this combo, but after using it for over a month now, it is VERY secure and even provides the sleeper function.

The only change I would want on a case like this is to provide integrated screen protection instead of having to use their film-based screen protectors.

Yep, you can actually use the OEM BlackBerry case with the hard rubberized case (the one with the flap over the top). It's a little difficult to get the device in and out, but still works like a charm. I was a little worried about the device being secure in the Seidio holster with this combo, but after using it for over a month now, it is VERY secure and even provides the sleeper function.

The only change I would want on a case like this is to provide integrated screen protection instead of having to use their film-based screen protectors.
    I agree. However, if you want to bypass the film or sticky style screen protectors, just pickup a small box of transparency film. Take off the rubberized skin on your device, then take a piece of the transparency and lay it over the top of the device screen. With a pencil (very softly) make some points in each corner. Now take a pair of sharp scissors and cut out the square.

Flip over the rubberized shell (front piece) and place the cutout into place. If you want, you can use a very small piece of clear tape in one corner to hold it in place. You may want to also clean up your device since you have it apart. Once you snap the pieces back together, the pressure holds the cutout in place.

I can post some pictures of how this turns out. You can't really tell that there is anything covering the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by dantek View Post
    I agree. However, if you want to bypass the film or sticky style screen protectors, just pickup a small box of transparency film. Take off the rubberized skin on your device, then take a piece of the transparency and lay it over the top of the device screen. With a pencil (very softly) make some points in each corner. Now take a pair of sharp scissors and cut out the square.

Flip over the rubberized shell (front piece) and place the cutout into place. If you want, you can use a very small piece of clear tape in one corner to hold it in place. You may want to also clean up your device since you have it apart. Once you snap the pieces back together, the pressure holds the cutout in place.

I can post some pictures of how this turns out. You can't really tell that there is anything covering the screen.
    Very cool workaround, dantek! I might give that a try while I wait for Seidio to work on my suggestion!

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't know the other but I love my Seidio case/holster. I also use the Seidio charging dock that charges my Curve fast, fast, fast while still in it's case. I have not been disappointed yet by any Seidio product. I also use their battery door cover with speaker cutout.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    I don't know the other but I love my Seidio case/holster. I also use the Seidio charging dock that charges my Curve fast, fast, fast while still in it's case. I have not been disappointed yet by any Seidio product. I also use their battery door cover with speaker cutout.
    I believe they even have a new charging dock that will also allow syncing through Desktop Manager.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    I used the OEM BB Case that comes with the BB. I Love It!

VIA:8320

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

I had the same problem with the seido case and the oem blackberry holster, the siolution is simple, I bought a 8700 oem holster, it works like a charm with seido, its actually perfect fit!!!!
    I too have yet to buy something that I was not pleased with from seido, so I highly recomend them!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneKam View Post

I had the same problem with the seido case and the oem blackberry holster, the siolution is simple, I bought a 8700 oem holster, it works like a charm with seido, its actually perfect fit!!!!
    I too have yet to buy something that I was not pleased with from seido, so I highly recomend them!
    Good call! I'll give that a shot. I sure like the look of the OEM leather case, so I'll check that out!

Very cool workaround, dantek! I might give that a try while I wait for Seidio to work on my suggestion!

Thanks. I did this too with one of my WM6 POS devices.. Here are some photo's.

Shell with no transparency:

Shell with transparency installed:

Finished install - front view:

Finished install side view:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast