hi- first of all thanks for everyone who posts, has been a lot of help ... BlackBerry Curve forum

luckyducky no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    l

Best Headset Handsfree for The Curve

Advertisement

hi- first of all thanks for everyone who posts, has been a lot of help to me getting on my feet with my bb. My 8700g died the other day so i have ordered the Curve i am an avid user of handsfree cable as i hate having to carry that gigantic battleship up to my ear. I recently read an article about these Shure i2C headset handsfree device

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...eadset_content

this looks amazing i love listening to music so i will be able to do that and then when i answer a call i can have two earpieces in which will give me better hearing! NOW..the problem is that you have two options for the i2c (or i3c for that matter) one is a headphone jack (3.5mm standard ipod, cdplayer size) for your ipod and the other is a 2.5mm (your average phone jack)

2nd Option is just for treo's (dont even get me started) which wont be compatible with us.

I called them up and they said theyre working' on an adaptor but for the moment they have no solution for us. Soooo i started looking online now that i am hooked on getting a headset handsfree (NOT BLUETooth) which is great quality and handsfree and i have found.... NOthing even remotely close to the quality of Shure..i looked on Pinstack and havent found anyone talking about this so i figure i should open up this forum and hope there are some audiophiles out there who feel the same or might have a solution...i thought about purchasing the treo option Shure headset and then buying an adaptor (independantly) to switch it back to 3.5mm ..what do you think? any thoughts would be appreciated on this i love my bb and after having seen the pics of Pharell and Nigo i have been tempted to gold plate it when it gets here..then i put the mushrooms down and got back into my $2000 car- thanks GuyS!@!!!!!!

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: Best Headset Handsfree for The Curve

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Wow...

Ok, so are both of the Shure headsets you're referring to here, for phones? That is, do they both have mics? It wasn't real clear in your post.

If the problem is the only set with a mic is 2.5mm, then there is a simple solution. Seidio has an adapter made specifically for this situation.

PIN/ID
    l

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Wow...

Ok, so are both of the Shure headsets you're referring to here, for phones? That is, do they both have mics? It wasn't real clear in your post.

If the problem is the only set with a mic is 2.5mm, then there is a simple solution. Seidio has an adapter made specifically for this situation.
    hi- sorry ..yes both the i2c and i2t are for phones. One of them has two ports one for ipod AND one for standard cell phone (not 3.5mm) and the i2t is one cable JUSt for TREo phones (multitasking between music nd callls) i guess the question is ...is there an adaptor to switch the from a trea size jack to a 3.5mm for our Curves. FYI If we get to the bottom of this and people want to get one go to Amazon.com and you can pick up the i2c for half the price of the website. thanks RUSS-

PIN/ID
    l

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...a_i2cm_content

I FOUND IT!! ALL this obsessive compulsive searching has a Reward..no one seems too interested :-( oh well if anyone is this one has a 3.5mm jack so it should be compatible with the curve, im gonna get one..cant wait!! haha

aquariuz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24121BF4

oh wow luckyducky, thank you very much, u saved my life, hopefully i can afford it