I put this in the 8300 section because there may be different answers for different ... BlackBerry Curve forum

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

Best Bluetooth

Advertisement

I put this in the 8300 section because there may be different answers for different models. Which Bluetooth headset is the best? I need one with pretty good earpiece volume and good noise cancelling on the microphone.Thanks in advanceKeith

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: Best Bluetooth

I've had my BlackBerry HS-655 headset for a while now and it is definitely a very good headset for the BlackBerry. Other than that, I would definitely suggest that you try out the Jawbone headsets which are the best around right now.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I'm very partial to plntronics, i feel for data device plantronics is the best, i have 3 different plantronic headset and hey all are amazing!!!!!!! i can't complain about any of the plantronics 330, 655, and i forgot the other one, its the voyager i think.

i also her the motorola s9 stereo bluetooth headset are great as well!'m going to invest some money into it
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    I'm very partial to plntronics, i feel for data device plantronics is the best, i have 3 different plantronic headset and hey all are amazing!!!!!!! i can't complain about any of the plantronics 330, 655, and i forgot the other one, its the voyager i think.

i also her the motorola s9 stereo bluetooth headset are great as well!'m going to invest some money into it
    I concure. I've had Motorola before and they get staticy... I used the Plantronics 330 and fell in love. Then it got stolen around the same time the E220 came out. The E220 is small and that's why I love it. But all Plantronics are very very easy to move from ear to ear. Occassionally when I don't want it on my ear it hangs from the button up area on my shirts.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Jawbone is usually rated as the best. I use a Jabra BT-250v and like it.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

The way we approach that question here in our shop is "Whichever one fits you the best and is comfortable". The jawbone is listed as the best quality headset on the market but that doesn't make it the best headset for anyone person. The most important thing is that the headset fit and is comfortable enough to wear. It doesn't matter how good it is, how expensive, how cool, etc....if you won't wear it for more than 5 minutes at a time because it is uncomfortable. Now once we find the most comfortable fit, we start looking at features and fitting the unit further from the selection we found fits most comfortable. I know here in our store, most customers prefer the Bluetrek lineup. Huge talk time, completely compatible (so far) with every PDA and phone we have tried it with, light weight, low cost, and clear sound.

Zo

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    The way we approach that question here in our shop is "Whichever one fits you the best and is comfortable". The jawbone is listed as the best quality headset on the market but that doesn't make it the best headset for anyone person. The most important thing is that the headset fit and is comfortable enough to wear. It doesn't matter how good it is, how expensive, how cool, etc....if you won't wear it for more than 5 minutes at a time because it is uncomfortable. Now once we find the most comfortable fit, we start looking at features and fitting the unit further from the selection we found fits most comfortable. I know here in our store, most customers prefer the Bluetrek lineup. Huge talk time, completely compatible (so far) with every PDA and phone we have tried it with, light weight, low cost, and clear sound.

Zo
    We have 2headsets from bluetrek and there talk time is out of this world. We also carried a stereo bluetooth headset by blueant which I fell in love with. I'm not sire if you are familiar with them

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Motorola as just released a new noise cancelling Bt headset that is every bit as clear and rivals the noise cancellation of the Jawbones... it is the MotoPure H12...

It has some "crystal talk" feature that is actually in regular household handsets... i must say it is far crisper than my Motorola H700 (which i like a lot) - but, this thing is smaller and better... again, more comfortable than the Jawbones (which I've had) and just as clear w/ noise cancellation -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Actually all of the new handsets from motorola as well as bluetooth headset should all be coming out with "crystal talk" ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Jawbone is good technically...but the ergonomics are definitely sub-par. Google jawbone and you'll find a ton of reviews. They're always reviewed highly for connectivity, clarity, volume, noise suppression -- but the majority of reviewers also not that they're not as comfortable as many others, they don't tend to stay on your ear as well (they often "flop" off your head if you move much), etc.

I urge you to do some research on this, because you generally can't return something you've stuck in your ear, and an uncomfortable headset isn't worth owning even if it gets good reception.

I've been looking into the Blueant headsets (e.g., Z9). sounds promising, and it appears to be potentially a better fit than the Jawbone.

No obvious choices, but some good considerations to keep in mind:
    - check reviews to compare info re: noise suppression, connectivity, volume and clarity
    - find out how many devices the headset will "remember" - good headsets will keep track of 3 pairing relationships, so you don't have to re-pair every time you switch devices. Some headsets will only "remember" 1 pairing relationship
    - check reviews to make sure your headset, paired with a BB, will let you initiate a voice dialled call by tapping the connect button on the headset - this is a great feature, and it would be a shame to lose it because of picking the wrong headset
    - check into battery life

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post

Zo
    Best Explination!!!! It's all up to you as the user. I got the Jawbone cause everone recommended it and the damn thing didn't fit right. Either too tight or not tight enough! So best bet is to get one thats comfortable and work your way into features!! After all if it cancels out noise and cooks your breakfast what good will it do if you can wear it comfortably! Thats just my opinion!

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

I have a plantronics 520 and it works really well. I work in a very noisy enviroment, it works with no problem. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bullsfan80586 no está en línea Stack level 2

What about the Motorola HT820? I want something to go over my ear (I hate shoving anything into my ears). I was thinking of those or the S9s nade by Motorola. I've heard about the S9s but not about the HT820s.

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

I've used both the Jawbone and the MotoPure H12, and honestly, I like the Moto better...

I've noticed no difference in sound cancelation, but I can hear the Moto better than the Jawbone.

The H12 is also light and compact, I've had no problems with it flopping or falling out.

Plus, it comes with awesome docking/charging stations...BONUS!
    Cingular is now the new at&t