I wanted to check my comcast email account and maybe respond if needed. I set ... BlackBerry Curve forum

war_child no está en línea Stack level 1

BES User wanting to check Comcast email

Advertisement

I wanted to check my comcast email account and maybe respond if needed. I set up the account on the Blackberry website and changed the mail pop to pop-server.tx.rr.com not sure if thats what i should have done?

I now have a new icon for my comcast email Do i have it set up correctly?

How will i respond if it doesn't know the outgoing?

Comcast SMTP/POP
    The outgoing (SMTP) mail server address is smtp-server.tx.rr.com.
    The incoming (POP3) mail server address is pop-server.tx.rr.com.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: BES User wanting to check Comcast email

Why wouldn't you just set up the Comcast acct with the BIS server... that's how I ck mine - works fine and is very easy to set up.

Just go to the Set up email acct icon and fill in you Comcast email addy... My BB Curve did everything else for me and the acct was ready to receive email in about 10 min...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

I actually did set it up from the BIS Server, under advanced settings what should i have for the email server. I changed it to pop-server.tx.rr.com but thats just the incoming mail server theres no option for there out going mail server.

What do you have in yours?

PIN/ID
    No-More

I just typed in my Comcast email addy and my device did the rest... what model BB do you have? If it's a newer device, it should do this automatically for you...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    No-More

... sorry hit enter to fast -

Comcasts incoming server to the best of my knowledge is mail.comcast.net / and the outgoing is smtp.comcast.net

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Re: BES User wanting to check Roadrunner email

I'm on the curve and my mistake its actaully roadrunner now. I was just wondering what i needed to have in the

Advanced Settings | Email Server <pop-server.tx.rr.com>

When i set it up, it did have a value in there but i changed it to the above.

There is no incoming and outgoing option available, only POP3. Hense the one option. In any case I'm looking for what other RoadRunner users are using for ther email server.

Thanks for your help and response to.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Maybe your company prohibits BIS usage?

bjene no está en línea Stack level 2

BIS support should handle the various settings for you. I run my personal email off my hosted website and mail server resides on a shared system. My specific email settings, such as I would use in Outlook, include both a pop.xxxx.com for receiving and a smtp.xxxx.com for sending email. Because of the shared mail server, the login ID is a bit different than on a dedicated mail server. However, when setting up my email for BIS, I just put the email address in and then put in my password. I did not have to input the login nor the pop nor smtp stuff. I was receiving and sending email within 20 minutes of setting up this email account on the Curve. If I go into the advanced settings for the email setup, I find a imap.xxxx.com setup for my email server. I have never used this before, but this is what BIS input and it works fine. I suggest you delete your email setup off your Curve and start over, just use your email address and you password. Give it a good 20 minutes...it will not work immediately. I did something similar with my old 7100g, but my office made me remove it.

Bernie
    It's an interglacial period, *#%&@!

Quote Originally Posted by bjene
    BIS support should handle the various settings for you. I run my personal email off my hosted website and mail server resides on a shared system. My specific email settings, such as I would use in Outlook, include both a pop.xxxx.com for receiving and a smtp.xxxx.com for sending email. Because of the shared mail server, the login ID is a bit different than on a dedicated mail server. However, when setting up my email for BIS, I just put the email address in and then put in my password. I did not have to input the login nor the pop nor smtp stuff. I was receiving and sending email within 20 minutes of setting up this email account on the Curve. If I go into the advanced settings for the email setup, I find a imap.xxxx.com setup for my email server. I have never used this before, but this is what BIS input and it works fine. I suggest you delete your email setup off your Curve and start over, just use your email address and you password. Give it a good 20 minutes...it will not work immediately. I did something similar with my old 7100g, but my office made me remove it.

Bernie
    Thanks Bernie and everyone for the great responses, everything seems to be working.

Have a great day