I was trying to help my friend with her 8310 bb with at&t show her ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin

bes only

Advertisement

I was trying to help my friend with her 8310 bb with at&t show her how to set up email and I also upgraded os on phone to 4.5.0.110 there is only bes option for email no bis?? Just confused as to why she wouldn't have the bis option in set up its not a business phone its her personal phone. Thanks in advance I appreciate the help

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e
    you can always log on to her BIS service on a computer. Just do a google search for "her carrier" BIS login. and you should find the site and you can easily create the email address there and then it will push the service books it needs to her device.

PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    I found out today she got her phone at best buy and has never registered her phone with black berry

Could some one please help I need to know what step is next?
    1 register her bb with rim then set up a bis account?????
    The phone doesn't have any routing tables
    I'm not really sure where to go from here to get this phone (8310 with att) to have email or pin messages working.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did she purchase a BlackBerry Data plan with it? That's the first step to finding out if she can send/receive data, messaging, etc.

PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Yes she did

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Now you need to REINSTALL DM. Make sure on the reinstallation that you tell it to use BIS not BES. Once DM is installed, reinstall her OS and go through the motions.

Then under Settings, go to email settings and set her up a BIS account.

Once the account and emails are all set up scroll down to service books and follow the prompts to resend them.

All things being equal the phone should start chirping up a storm as all the email and browser settings are sent to it.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Ok thanks ill give it a go and post back to let you know how it worked out

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    Ok thanks ill give it a go
    They confused things a little bit in DM 4.7. When installing it they ask if you are setting up PERSONAL email or Email from the OFFICE, or something like that.

Select the PERSONAL setting.

I liked it better when it was specific BIS or BES.... Left no room for interpretation. :-)
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    well after downloding dm4.6 and 4.5.0.110 for the 8310 and making sure it was for a bis or personal there are no hosting tables or bis email available so all the waiting and work to no avail im not sure what to do next. i even wiped the device so i would be starting from scratch.

PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Host routing tables are still empty and still no option for bis email tried to register through routing table screen and it says message has been sent

PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    So after a couple of hours and gathering info my friends phone does not have a data plan she only had texting and messaging. So a big thanks for the help from ericaj and also sirthinks and for posting so quickly. Everything I did was right and everything you told me was right.

A bit of info from the service rep with att you don't need a data plan with a blackberry phone. I don't know if it is only att exclusive but according to him a data plan is no longer necessary of course you loose bb broser and bb maps and email. So why have a bb?