Does anybody know how to get the email Icon on the handheld using the BES? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jortextcu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242875a8

Question Bes ???

Advertisement

Does anybody know how to get the email Icon on the handheld using the BES? I have my personal email set up with the icon that they sent me but my business emails are all just going into the messages folder lumped in with everything else.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Bes ???

Welcome to the Stacks Jortextcu. What kind of BB do you have and what operating system are you running?

PIN/ID
    242875a8

Thank you. I am new to BB, I just got the 8300 and I asume I am running the lastest OS. My company just got us new BBs along with a BES

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

The Messages folder receives ALL email, and can optionally display SMS messages. Also, BES (BlackBerry Enterprise email) goes to Messages ONLY. This can be a pain if you have several BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) email accounts as well as a BES account.

PIN/ID
    242875a8

Yes I have separated the SMS from the Messages, I spoke with a ATT rep yesterday and he said there was a way to obtain an icon for my business account. My IT guy here has not been able to find a way to send me that icon. does anybody know?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I don't think your ATT rep knows what they are talking about. All messages will go in your messages folder, personal emails will will also appear in the second folder. There is no "BES" email icon, it's just messages.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    242875a8

Yeah, I spoke with another rep yesterday, and he confirmed that as of now there is now icon availible for emails on the BES.

Thanks for the re:'s !!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

You can differentiate Enterprise messages in your inbox by color though if you goto Security Options; General Settings; Message Background Colours

PIN/ID
    242875a8

Sweet cwak, thats awsome. thanks for the help.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Looks like Empower has a new product that may help you out.
    http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php

"
    If you are only on BIS, this may not sound like you, but everyone on BES has a recurring problem - All your BES emails show up in the default Messages app. That means your Work emails are scattered around and intermixed with emails from all your BIS accounts, SMS Messages, PIN Messages and Browser Messages etc. Searching is a nightmare.
    Not any more! BES MailBox from Empower makes life easier. Just click on the App and you are shown only BES filtered emails. No more searching for that important corporate email from among your 500 unread emails. Read organised.
    • Fully On-device. No Setup required.
    • Seamless Integration with native Email."