Hey all, Got a 8320 Curve with os 4.5.0.102 Issues is with bbm. When rebooting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

BBM problem

Advertisement

Hey all,

Got a 8320 Curve with os 4.5.0.102

Issues is with bbm.

When rebooting the bb and going to my bbm, it pops up a screen telling me that i have moved to a new bb and that it can send an update to my bb contacts or say no and it erases them all. It does this all the time after rebooting the bb. If i select yes to update the contacts all it does is sits in the pending stage for all my contacts. If i say no it just erases all the contacts. So i have to basically everytime readd my contacts which is a hassle not for me but for my contacts. I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue with bbm on the 8320 or any other bb for that matters.

I have tried going to older version os and still same issue. Even on 4.2 os does the same. I rather stay with 4.5 os though. Anyone have anything on this issue please post back.

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftorX View Post
    Hey all,

Got a 8320 Curve with os 4.5.0.102

Issues is with bbm.

When rebooting the bb and going to my bbm, it pops up a screen telling me that i have moved to a new bb and that it can send an update to my bb contacts or say no and it erases them all. It does this all the time after rebooting the bb. If i select yes to update the contacts all it does is sits in the pending stage for all my contacts. If i say no it just erases all the contacts. So i have to basically everytime readd my contacts which is a hassle not for me but for my contacts. I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue with bbm on the 8320 or any other bb for that matters.

I have tried going to older version os and still same issue. Even on 4.2 os does the same. I rather stay with 4.5 os though. Anyone have anything on this issue please post back.
    I never had that problem with my 8320. I have updated a ton of OS and never ever had it prompt me for the contact updates. I also had the .102 not too long ago and no issues. did you ever try to complete wipe the handheld and restoring it and see if it resolves your problem??

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    This happens if you don't disable Content Protection in the Security settings. I just tested this with Content Protection on and this still happens. I have OS 4.5.0.81 on my 8120.

Check this out. It's a known problem http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...es_this-78685/
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 11-20-2008 at 07:13 PM.

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I thought I was the only one with this problem!!!! SO there is no way to fix this issue yet??? Ive noticed that if i select a contact from the pending list and start a convo that it moves back up into the contacts list, but my contacts and my convos keep deleting!
    Last edited by sparkyj62; 11-20-2008 at 11:42 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am not sure why the contacts and conversations keep disappearing (maybe low memory?). But for some reason, if you enable Content Protection, BlackBerry Messenger has a hissy fit whenever you reboot the phone.

PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    Thanks Erica.. i will disable the content protection and see if it works. Also... how important is content protection needed on the blackberry?
    Last edited by DriftorX; 11-21-2008 at 02:42 AM.

PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    Ok... problem seems to be solved by disabling the content protection. Just want to know what the importance of contect protection is.

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I'll try disabling content protection.... But i am also wondering how important it is?