Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I upgraded my bbm yesterday and i'm having issues with the messages going out. I'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

bbm 5.0 problem..

Advertisement

I upgraded my bbm yesterday and i'm having issues with the messages going out.

I'm not happy with it and it's not letting me do a restore.

Is anyone having this problem? Anyone know the solution?
    Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,
    Your eyes they penetrate me,
    (Your answer's always 'maybe')
    That's when I got up and left.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    A few people have had similar problems with delays in sending/receiving messages, but I'm betting it's due more to the high number of people using the new version at the moment. If you're trying to downgrade, remove the module through DM. If you followed the directions to copy the files into your OS directory on your PC, you'll need to reinstall the OS you're currently using to get the old files back. Then just add again through DM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    I just recognized this problem on my Storm as I was sending messages...i would like to keep using the 5.0 so let me know if you find a solution
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    What I've noticed that seems to clear this up, is if you back up your phone,and 3rd party apps, then use CrackUtil and wipe the ITpolicies. Seems to work for everyone that's tried that so far. Remember this is only beta,so there are bound to be some bugs. Good luck.
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    I had this same problem, and decided to go back to the 4.6. Lost all my contacts on the way :'(

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by rsammon977 View Post
    I had this same problem, and decided to go back to the 4.6. Lost all my contacts on the way :'(
    No backup to restore from? Always keep a fresh backup prior to an OS upgrade or the installation of beta software.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

Yidy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ad026e
    i hate it thinkin of changin back already

PIN/ID
    HEAD
    This new BBM build seems to be just like new OS's. Everyones phone seems to react different to it, with different issues. I had a small issue with my first message not sending to a contact,but the 2nd would go no problem. I did the crackutil trick, and no more issues. It's not official, it's only beta, so there's going to be lots of little bugs that some experience,and others may not. I love it personally,and since IT poicy wipe, it works flawlessly for me. Can't wait to see what an official release will bring!

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The only problem I had was a big delay in sending/receiving messages. I resent my service books & re-registered the Host Routing Table.
    It works like a charm!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Now see, with me, that didn't work. I had to do the crackutil - IT policy wipe. They're all different it seems.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i had the delay this morning, but all seems to have cleared up. as MStrawder pointed out, possibly a bbm server overload, tho I do not think that is 100% the issue. its going to have some bugs, for sure

louisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rsammon977 View Post
    I did the same last night. I tried the restore and contacts didn't return. Tried restoring the BBM contacts only. Made several attempts and each one had an error. I finally unplug after 20 min of trying and all my contacts were there.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yeah Cherri, it's definitely not going to be the total cause of the problem. As Bassvictim pointed out, there's going to be tons of bugs inherent in this software. It's a leaked beta. Wasn't meant for the general public just yet. RIM is loving and hating this. They hate the complaints from so many people, but love the chance for all the feedback while being able to say, "Hey, we didn't release it".
    How to upgrade your OS

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i had the delay this morning, but all seems to have cleared up. as MStrawder pointed out, possibly a bbm server overload, tho I do not think that is 100% the issue. its going to have some bugs, for sure
    Cherri, try this:

1) Open the BlackBerry Messenger

2) Click on Options

3) Scroll down to Location

4) Under Disable Location/Proximity Requests check-mark the box & Save

This seems to solve the issue of messages being received/delivered late for a few BlackBerry users.
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else!"

T-Mobile 9700 | OS 6.0.0.344

cuka4325 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24AFF402
    Is there anyone that can give me a link to get the new bbm 5.0. I have tried to retrieve it via OTA but for some reason it will not allow me to. I really do not want to download via zip. If u could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast