I just notice that "without FB avatars, my BBM 5.08 doesn't seek or save anyone's ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dropinoc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    313b4f38

Is it me or my BBM 5.08 doesn't update avatars anymore?

Advertisement

I just notice that "without FB avatars, my BBM 5.08 doesn't seek or save anyone's avatars. Does anyone body else have this issue?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    5.08? Already? Wow! A lot's happened eversince I jumped ship. I never liked the update to begin with I hated having to accept or download a pic. I loved being able to view th pic before or even having o download it. I hope this has changed. Good luck dude. Have you tried to delete the bbm version you have and insall the stock version thru DM?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    yeah i have been having the same issue and wondering the same thing but im pretty sure there's a flaw because it doesnt save avatars anymore...which kinda sucks in my opinion, i regret updating so much
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Dude 5.0.8 is obsolete now. They have official 5.0.33 or better on app world. I havent seen It in a while.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    5.0.0.57 is the latest release from RIM at www.blackberry.com/messenger

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    Delete them then re request your ? bbm ? buddies. That's what I did and its been updating avatars ever since.

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    yeah i just dont wanna delete and re add my contacts because thats too much like work
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    The app has a glitch. Once you go over 100 contacts or so, you may see delayed updates to your display picture, display name, or status message. I had almost 200 contacts and I started to clean it up one week at a time (depending on who was a regular chat buddy), and once I got to 90, I realized everything started updating immediately.

You info will update if you keep a lot of contacts but there will be a 24-72 hour lag before it does. I don't know why this happens but if you google the problem, many others have the same problem (and they all report the same solution).

However, this does not affect the other functions of your phone so I guess you have to weigh your options (Contacts vs. Freedom to update your pic/display names like a twitter account haha).

Hope this helps!