alright so i downloaded an app called BBalerts for my curve OTA. it downloaded successfully ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dirtydiamond no está en línea Stack level 1

BBalerts problem

Advertisement

alright so i downloaded an app called BBalerts for my curve OTA. it downloaded successfully but then this window popped up saying "the application blackberry alerts is attempting to access phone information. would you like to allow access?" and i tried to scroll down to click 'no'....but nothing happened. and it's not like my phone is frozen and not working because i just received and answered a call with the window still there. it's just that the window is like "stuck" there and when i press the berry button nothing happens, when i scroll the trackball nothing happens, etc etc...i've done like 10 battery pulls but it just keeps popping up once everything loads. any help?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: BBalerts problem

I would suggest uninstalling it first. Then do a hard reboot (battery pull). That should "fix" the screen issue.

Next I would reinstall the BBAlerts program and DO allow it to access the phone data. It's trying to get to the phone logs to accomplish part of what it's supposed to do. It's not tracking your calls or anything, but since it's supposed to alert you when you have a missed call if you don't allow it to access the phone info then it can't do it's job.

Make sense?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    I would suggest uninstalling it first. Then do a hard reboot (battery pull). That should "fix" the screen issue.

Next I would reinstall the BBAlerts program and DO allow it to access the phone data. It's trying to get to the phone logs to accomplish part of what it's supposed to do. It's not tracking your calls or anything, but since it's supposed to alert you when you have a missed call if you don't allow it to access the phone info then it can't do it's job.

Make sense?
    Gotta agree with woodie on this one.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Gonna have to disagree on this one guys. I had this exact same problem.
    Hard reboot doesn't resolve it, it just kept coming back.
    dirtydiamond you will need to uninstall the app completely, and being that you have that stuck screen
    inhibiting you from doing anything, you will need to connect BB to PC via USB then start DM and run App Loader and uncheck the box for BB Alerts and remove the app.
    Let the BB reboot.
    Now do your OTA download again but this time
    check the box next to where it says "Set Application Permissions" or something to that effect.
    Then click on Download
    Let it run and you should be good to go.
    Don't forget to reboot BB after the install.
    BB Alerts won't work unless you do.
    Good luck! Let me know how it goes.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    woodi68

How is that different from what I said?

Uninstall the application, reboot, reinstall, allow access to phone app.

???

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^Because with the problem I had, when the device reboots it won't let you adjust permissions.
    It remains locked and frozen and the only thing you can do is uninstall the app with DM. What you said
    isn't wrong, it's just that this particular problem has to do with a bug in the app that causes the device to lock up and the only way to resolve it prior to setting permissions is to uninstall.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    woodi68

I think I understand now. Just uninstalling it from the device and going through the reinstall process isn't enough. You have to uninstall from the DM. I see.

Cool. I wouldn't have known there would be a difference. Thanks lavagirl. (Are you a super hero?)