Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Every time i try to connect the phone to the PC it says "USB Device ... BlackBerry Curve forum

SalaH no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2110bdb6

BB won't connect to pc

Advertisement

Every time i try to connect the phone to the PC it says "USB Device Not Recognized"
    I tried changing it to other usb ports also changed the usb cable it won't pick the phone. I tried on another pc and it works. The weird thing is if i connect anything else to the USB ports they work fine? yes i have desktop manager installed can't think of anything else.

any ideas please share.

Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop manager, maybe you are missing drivers.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

spconeyi83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3065BC1A
    Im having this problem also. I happened to me last week, then it worked again. Then this morning when I tried to use app loader my phone wouldn't connect to desktop manager, it would show that the phone is charging, but it wont allow me to use the program, maybe if I reboot the comp.

KrymsynDragon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    318AAAFB
    i had the same problem.. my laptop wouldnt see my phone but everyone elses would.. i finally had to do a system recovery because nothing in the forums worked.. but now my laptop sees my bb but now i have to find a DM thats sees it now.. still in trial and error stage..

PIN/ID
    3065BC1A
    I took that guy's advice and checked if there was an update to the DM, got it, and now it's working. The funny thing is I have it set to check for updates on sunday's because this is the day when I usually sit down and add/remove stuff from my phone, but for some reason today it didn't search for the update.

SalaH no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2110bdb6
    so i was at my cusions house today and he has a bb also same as me and same problem on his pc but his pc picks up his phone but not mine.

PIN/ID
    318AAAFB
    i had the latest DM update but it still wouldnt see my bb.. i tried going down the 4.3 and up.. now im back to where i started from and again my laptop sees my bb but the DM doesnt.. i think ima cry.. my fiance has an iphone and he's cracked that all the hell but he hasnt even begun to do anything with bb..*sigh*.. any and all help would be greatly appreciated.. and thanks in advance..

PIN/ID
    3065BC1A
    Quote Originally Posted by KrymsynDragon View Post
    i had the latest DM update but it still wouldnt see my bb.. i tried going down the 4.3 and up.. now im back to where i started from and again my laptop sees my bb but the DM doesnt.. i think ima cry.. my fiance has an iphone and he's cracked that all the hell but he hasnt even begun to do anything with bb..*sigh*.. any and all help would be greatly appreciated.. and thanks in advance..
    That's a tuffie, the only thing I can come up with would be a system restore, but I bet there is a solution to your problem that doesn't call for the system restore. I would uninstall it through the add/remove in control panel, then install 4.7, if that's what you did at first and it didn't work then I don't mean to instruct you do what you have already tried. One of the moderators have been helping me out a lot lately, but his username escapes me right now, I'll get it to you asap.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    3065BC1A
    His username is azstar, send him a pm and he should be able to help you out.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have had this issue a few times on my old PC running windows XP. The computer would see the media card in mass storage mode, but if I hooked it up, said no to mass storage mode, and then opened the DM it would not see it. This was random, only happened about 3 times. The way I fixed it is not convenient for everyone though. I would hook up my son's 8130 pearl, the DM would see it, then I would disconnect his, hook mine up, then the DM would see mine too. Like I said, this was random, but this worked perfectly every time. I have converted many in my family to BB users so there was always one around to fix this issue.

Before testing with another bb I had tried restarts of the bb and the pc, tried different versions of the DM, nothing worked except hooking up a different BB. I know this is not a convenient or conventional fix, but it worked for me. Do you have a friend or family member that may have one that you can test this out?

PIN/ID
    318AAAFB
    thanks guys.. and to the 2 replies above.. i have done on of that.. i had to do a system restore back to factory settings on my laptop (im runnign vista).. that did the trick to get my laptop to see my bb but now im running into the porblem of getting the DM to see my bb.. ima bout at the end of my rope.. as for knowing anyone with a bb.. just a few people at work and i cant bring my laptop into work without getting busted.. oh wait.. my soon to be mother in law and father in law just got bb (i converted them).. hmm.. maybe i will try my father in laws.. he has the same bb as me.. it might be a few days before i can test it but i will keep ya posted.. thanks you guys.. ima put this away now.. im obessing.. its not healthy :-P

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't know which PC OS you are running.
    If you are running Vista, RT click the file and "run as administrator".

I had USB problems with Vista.
    2 options are available. 1 is mine, and it worked! The 2nd, I did not do from MS,because the 1st one worked!
    If you know how to use the Device Manager in Windows,delete or uninstall ALL USB items listed, reboot,it will re-discover all USB devices and that should fix it. If it does not, PM me and I will give you the Microsoft repair, as it is a bit lengthy.
    I tried A LOT of things,this is the one that worked for me.
    Make SURE you have the latest drivers installed from RIM 1st!!!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Also try this fix for usb errors.
    It's stated for Windows XP or Windows Server 2003.
    But it works great on Vista as well.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314634/en-us

It's the fastest fix there is, if it works for you.
    It did for me on Vista.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

PIN/ID
    318AAAFB
    im so gonna try that.. gonna have to wait for my fiance tho.. lol.. he is the techie geek in the house.. he just had to take the dog for a walk when i get another get idea.. i'll post once i have an answer.. thanks cobra

I hope it helps you.
    This Microsoft link is just a point and click.
    It will "auto fix" it for you.
    I don't remember if you have to reboot the PC afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast