Just made the jump to 4.5, but BB Weather seems to be giving me a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

BB Weather Issue

Advertisement

Just made the jump to 4.5, but BB Weather seems to be giving me a little trouble. Was working great before upgrade, checked all my settings, they all seem to be fine, along with my other 3rd party apps.

"ERROR: INVALID URL PARAMETER."

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I love this weather app, i would like to be able to keep it.

Thanks to ALL.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Uninstall it, then install the latest version (0.77) OTA here:
    http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=BBWeather

Originally posted here.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Yea...thanks for the advice Jdellasala, but i too, have been an avid fan of BBWeather: checking it everyday, several times even.

I tried all those steps last night just after upgrading to new OS 4.5 from Rogers. Uninstalled, then tried it all again. Still a No Go on my BB 8310 Curve, guess i'll try again.

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    It would appear that you are a more avid fan of BBWeather than I. I followed the directions a 3rd time, worked for my current living area of Chicago, i then tried to add my home location back in KS.

Now they both say "Invalid url parameter" Not even Chicago works now for some reason.

Am now uninstalling, guess i'll try once more

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Well, i got it up and running again for Chicago. I wont even bother trying to add a 2nd location (profile). I dont wanna mess them both up again and do the whole reinstall process.

So, as of now BBWeather is up and running for my local area.

If anyone has any advice on how to get my 2nd weather profile up and running without messing up both of them please feel free to lemme know, or pin me.

I never had this issue with 4.2, But all is well for now.

Thanks Stackers.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Hmmm... I'm running it on a Bold - OS 4.6 - without any problems. If you got past the initial problem of having to use the Track Ball to get the initial menu and add one location you should be set!

To add a location:
    1. From the main screen Click the [Menu] button or Scroll Wheel and select Options
    2. In the Options screen Click the [Menu] button or Scroll Wheel and select Add
    3. In the Location ID field, enter the Zip code or Weather Station code of the location (see notes for how to get a Weather Station code)
    4. Optionally, enter a description of the location. This will appear in the Menu - not the screen
    5. Optionally, adjust the Forecast Days and Units
    6. Optionally, enter a letter that you want to use to bring up that location without having to go through the Menus
    7. Click the [OK] button when done
    8. Repeat steps 2 through 7 to add more location.
    9. When you're done adding all the locations you want, Click the [Menu] button or Scroll Wheel and select Save. You can then click [Esc] or [Menu]/Scroll Wheel --> Close to return to the main screen

Notes:
    • You can look up a US City's Zip Code here: http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/citytown.jsp
      You can look up any location's Weather ID here: http://www.aspnetresources.com/tools/locid.aspx
    • Remember, hitting [Esc] or using the Close Menu option will send BBWeather to the background and not terminate the application, and it will continue running. To terminate the application, you must Click the [Menu] button or Scroll Wheel and select Exit
    • If you're using a Trackball Device, and trying to set BBWeather up for the first time and having no luck, please see this post.
    JerryD

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm a fan of BBWeather and have used it for years but I got tired of doing all those steps above to make it work. Since I use Viigo for all my RSS feeds and it has built-in weather I said goodbye to BBWeather.