Hello, Did anyone else have problems after installing bb weather on their 8310? The install ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jeffreyefrank no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

BB Weather Download problem

Advertisement

Hello,
    Did anyone else have problems after installing bb weather on their 8310?
    The install indicates complete yet when I try to access it the screen turns white with info at top saying "no weather info installed." The scrren then locks up and you need to hold in the red disconnect button to turn off.
    I tried a battery removal and that didn't help.
    Prior to that I got a error message saying- not enough memory so prior to the install I deleted a couple of apps to free up space.
    Help?? Thanks...

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes I had the same problem - I got it working by clicking the left menu button (or could have been scroll wheel?) as soon as the app started up which revealed the menu and from there you can add a location, save and you are away...

OB.
    OB - 8310 AT&T

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Push the scroll ball when first starting the program, anything else locks the BB.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreyefrank View Post
    Hello,
    Did anyone else have problems after installing bb weather on their 8310?
    The install indicates complete yet when I try to access it the screen turns white with info at top saying "no weather info installed." The scrren then locks up and you need to hold in the red disconnect button to turn off.
    I tried a battery removal and that didn't help.
    Prior to that I got a error message saying- not enough memory so prior to the install I deleted a couple of apps to free up space.
    Help?? Thanks...
    No, I have not had that Problem with this App, but I do have a Problem uninstalling it, this thing is a piece of Crap, it only updates twice a day, and there is no option to "Push" for Current weather; and when you go to "Applications" to try and uninstall it - It's Not There! You Try and use your DM, Its Not There either, I have to just "Hide" it.

Just "Bookmark" "Weather.com" you'll be happy you did...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    No, I have not had that Problem with this App, but I do have a Problem uninstalling it, this thing is a piece of Crap, it only updates twice a day, and there is no option to "Push" for Current weather; and when you go to "Applications" to try and uninstall it - It's Not There! You Try and use your DM, Its Not There either, I have to just "Hide" it.

Just "Bookmark" "Weather.com" you'll be happy you did...

Smooth, I think you are talking about push weather, not BB weather. Push weather is worthless I agree! It only updates twice a day and when it does it's 6 hours behind, to get rid of it you have to unsubscribe from it. It takes a while for the icon to disappear afterwards. It doesn't show in applications because you subscribe to it, not download it.

BB weather is a downloadable app. It can be tricky to set up, but once it is, it is customizable. You can have it update as ofter as every 30 minutes. It's a very nice app once set up. Also BB weather uses my town, push weather only uses major cities.

Jeffreyefrank no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I installed the bb weather and it works good. After installing it, you need to push the TRACKBAll- nothing else to start. Then push it again. You then need to put in your zip code and city at the the top of the configuration area and it will work on the 8310.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Smooth, I think you are talking about push weather, not BB weather. Push weather is worthless I agree! It only updates twice a day and when it does it's 6 hours behind, to get rid of it you have to unsubscribe from it. It takes a while for the icon to disappear afterwards. It doesn't show in applications because you subscribe to it, not download it.

BB weather is a downloadable app. It can be tricky to set up, but once it is, it is customizable. You can have it update as ofter as every 30 minutes. It's a very nice app once set up. Also BB weather uses my town, push weather only uses major cities.

Thanks, I must check this out, exactly where can I find it, in the downloads section?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Thanks, I must check this out, exactly where can I find it, in the downloads section?
    The link can be found here, it's OTA so very easy.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?u=3389

Here's a thread talking about how to get it working, read it before you opne the BB weather app....it will save you some trouble....

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...83xx_88xx.html
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4