Anyone have an idea on this one. When i send a text message to a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wraith0518 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

BB SMS messages sending multiple Texts

Advertisement

Anyone have an idea on this one. When i send a text message to a non BB user (iphone or wife's Samsung Instinct) if I reply to a message they sent me, they get 2 text messages. 1 with my new message and 1 with there original text that got included in the reply. i have seen this with a few other friends that i text. But it mainly happens to users that are not able to get MMS messages and are limited to the 160 character limit in text messages. I have to always start a new text message to them to avoid the double texts.
    Again with other BB useers i can just hit reply and keep the tread going with no multi text issues.
    Is this a "feature" or a "bug" is it something that can be turned off with something in the settings. Or turned off through Nextel or through my online access to my Nextel account.
    I have combed through all the settings on the phone so far and i am not able to find a way to turn this off.
    Ideas?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    This is usually a carrier issue from what I know... Happens to me occasionall even here in pakistan...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

logosteel no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith0518 View Post
    Anyone have an idea on this one. When i send a text message to a non BB user (iphone or wife's Samsung Instinct) if I reply to a message they sent me, they get 2 text messages. 1 with my new message and 1 with there original text that got included in the reply. i have seen this with a few other friends that i text. But it mainly happens to users that are not able to get MMS messages and are limited to the 160 character limit in text messages. I have to always start a new text message to them to avoid the double texts.
    Again with other BB useers i can just hit reply and keep the tread going with no multi text issues.
    Is this a "feature" or a "bug" is it something that can be turned off with something in the settings. Or turned off through Nextel or through my online access to my Nextel account.
    I have combed through all the settings on the phone so far and i am not able to find a way to turn this off.
    Ideas?
    Before you even enter any sort of text in the reply mms/sms hit the berry button and select "clear field" proceed as normal and there won't be multiple messages showing. Hope this helps

PIN/ID
    Testing Now with a user that i know gets multiple text's when I reply.
    Will let you know how it goes.

PIN/ID
    So far that has worked with the clear field choice.
    Thank you for the help.

logosteel no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith0518 View Post
    So far that has worked with the clear field choice.
    Thank you for the help.

No problem. There is also a software update to go through 4/3/09 which is supposed to take care of that issue but we'll see.

rake1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    For all of you Telus Mobility Blackberry Users out there. SMS for the 8350i blackberry is in the finaly stages. I am currently loading a Beta version of the OS onto my unit. Along with the sms it will be correcting a couple of other issues on the unit. Many of us taught this day would never come. But it is almost ready for the Offical release.