When I go to watch videos that I have recorded with my blackberry , my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

karileeo86 no está en línea Stack level 1

bb shuts down when i view videos

Advertisement

When I go to watch videos that I have recorded with my blackberry , my phone goes black the keypad goes dim, the red light will come on and then completely shut down. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Could you have a shortage of free memory or low battery or any of the obvious things? Give more details: what size video, where it's stored, how your playing it, etc. Assume you BB is 8330 since it's in that forum, right?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

EthanCole Guest
    I had the same problem! especially when streaming from youtube...

Here's what you do:

back up your device and wipe the berry.

reload the O.S. and what you backed up.

tah dah! It should work... I went through 3 8330s until someone here told me to do this and it worked for me. Hopefully it works for you

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the post, PTR. That's a lot of trouble to go through for a fix but if it fixes it I have to say it's worth it!

I have a 8330 too and the problem sounded a little odd to me. I haven't had any problem with videos - admittedly I don't watch that many - but I didn't know what else to suggest.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

karileeo86 no está en línea Stack level 1
    OK I think i fixed the problem and it did not involve me having to wipe out my whole OS and reloading it. All I did was free up as much memory as possible. After that my BB doesnt seem to have any issues viewing the videos anymore, for now at least.