I´m having problems with my BB... The Blackberry services (mails, bb messenger, etc) are not ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tinana281082 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post BB Service

Advertisement

I´m having problems with my BB... The Blackberry services (mails, bb messenger, etc) are not working, on the right upper side it says "edge" instead of "EDGE" I have called my service provider like crazy and they don´t know how to fixed it, any ideas on what can I do?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hi tinana! Welcome to PinStack!

Have you tried doing a battery pull to see if that doesn't reset your service?

Your provider is not aware of any BlackBerry outages in your area? Are you in a building where the service can be hindered at all?

Roger

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by tinana281082 View Post
    I´m having problems with my BB... The Blackberry services (mails, bb messenger, etc) are not working, on the right upper side it says "edge" instead of "EDGE" I have called my service provider like crazy and they don´t know how to fixed it, any ideas on what can I do?
    First of all, Greetings tinana, and Welcome to the Forum!

If you are not receiving an EDGE signal in all caps, then it's almost always a carrier issue, not the phone. However it is possible that it's the phone, just rather unlikely. Who is your carrier? How old is your BB? What model is it? With this additional info we can be of more help to you.

Cheers

Hey Roger,

Yes I have pulled off the battery and the chip but is not working at all and I guess I´ll have to go to an outsorce to get it fixed and yes I have called different times and the building where I´m at has no problem, in fact is my office and all the BB´s arround me work but mine! They´ve tried all those options that you gave me but none of them work... Thanks

Hey Archer,

My carrier service its called MOVISTAR by Telefónica in Venezuela, I have it since June 2008 and its a 8310

Thanks for the info, tinana!

If you could update your profile with the information that my friend Archer has requested, that would go a long way in helping us help you!

Roger

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by tinana281082 View Post
    Hey Archer,

My carrier service its called MOVISTAR by Telefónica in Venezuela, I have it since June 2008 and its a 8310
    Thanks for the info. I have an office in London and travel throughout the world. I am familiar with Telefonica, as you know they are a good company. One thought that occurs to me, is that perhaps you have simply gotten tech support people that are new and inexperienced. All service providers tend to have this issue as the mobile industry is growing so quickly. I might suggest that you call back and explain how many times you have called, that your problem is persistent and that you would like the call "escalated" to a higher level of tech support. I'm sure they have qualified people that can get on the phone with you and assist. You may need to have them resend the service books. If you are on BIS service, you have that capability, but sometimes when that does not work, they have a means to force the books out to your device. They are what controls sthe functionality of your email, and messaging. Wihtout those being correctly installed in your BB, you would have the same problem you are describing. The next potential problem is the IMEI may need to be reset in the carriers system. Sometimes there is corruption on their end if there is a power surge to the servers. Only they can correct that. There are a few other possibilities on their end. So I would call them, give that a try and let us know if you are up and running again, if not, I will personally do some additional research for you.

Cheers

Here is the link to your BlackBerry Internet Service that Archer mentioned, in case you need it.

timn2bama no está en línea Stack level 2
    It is usually carrier issue. I turn my phone off for 5 minutes and usually get the all caps EDGE back up.