Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just upgraded from a pearl to a curve about two weeks ago. The reason ... BlackBerry Curve forum

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

Re: BB Pearl vs BB Curve

Advertisement

I just upgraded from a pearl to a curve about two weeks ago. The reason I did it was because of the full QWERTY keyboard and a bigger screen. I think the full HTML emai will look great after the OS 4.5 upgrade.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

The pearl is a great choice if you're coming from a normal cell phone like a razor or something, but its just not a close race between curve and the pearl! like everyone has stated, screen size, & full keyboard can't be beat.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E

I have them both and the curve right now is my primary fone. But i still find myself switching back to the pearl for small periods of time and loving it. yes there is the obvious keyboard advantage that the curve has, but i feel the pearl has its advantages too.
    1. awesome form factor
    2. i feel my pearl is a wee bit faster than the curve.
    3. The track ball is much smoother on the pearl
    4.Color ball i really miss that on the curve
    5.less bulky OS, maybe cos of qwerty. I find that the pearl has much more free memory compared to the curve.

sevo22 no está en línea Stack level 2

I love them both. I prefer the Curve overall, but I am having trouble adjusting to the smaller keys. But QWERTY sure beats Suretype...

snybole no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've also had both, and the pearl wasn't meant for me sine I got robbed and the only thing of value that they took was my pearl ;-)

Anyway, I have my 8320 for work and I've got it with me at all time, but now that there's a pearl with wifi I might try to separete private from work, pearl is more trendy, slim and more of a fast life style, the curve can be that to but it fits better for work!

(Sidenote is that I've used my curve for both private and work and its the best phone made, but I do like the pearl as well)

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

I've used both. The pearl is smaller and easier to carry, but you will have to "double type". (Well, that's what I call it.) The camera on the pearl is a 1.3 mexa pixel one whereas on the Curve, it's a 2.0. It really depends on what you prefer carrying, something bigger or something smaller. Do realize that the pearl has predictive text entry options and the Curve doesn't. The headphone jack for the pearl is smaller than the one on the Curve. You can stick regular ear phones into the Curve to listen to music. If you intend on texting, emailing or bbm'ing I would go with the Curve as it has an extended keyboard. (Plus, the screen is bigger!)

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    I have them both and the curve right now is my primary fone. But i still find myself switching back to the pearl for small periods of time and loving it. yes there is the obvious keyboard advantage that the curve has, but i feel the pearl has its advantages too.
    1. awesome form factor
    2. i feel my pearl is a wee bit faster than the curve.
    3. The track ball is much smoother on the pearl
    4.Color ball i really miss that on the curve
    5.less bulky OS, maybe cos of qwerty. I find that the pearl has much more free memory compared to the curve.
    I agree with this 100%. Actually just bought the curve yesterday and gave my pearl to a friend that got hers stolen. I've always wanted the full qwerty so it was cool but still need to get used to the tiny buttons. Don't get me wrong suretype was great but I type a lot of japanese and chinese and it wasn't working for me (the occasional wrong words like "hold" and "gold" or "see" and "are" we're quite annoying but only slightly).

Os seems slower but there are things I love about the new os like how you can make folders on the icon screen. Media is faster though as far as loading and moving files. Wifi is a plus too but I was disappointed in the lack of areas that I thought would have wifi that actually don't now so didn't really get to test that out a whole lot. :/

Everyone else mentioned the size and keyboard enough so don't have to say anything more about that. One huge thing about the curve that I like is the battery life. It just runs circles around the pearl, even when I had the slim extended with it. I may just have worn out the battery but so far I get pretty good usage (like 2.5 days talk text and email as long as I don't use too much chat).

mz pnut no está en línea Stack level 2

I had both the Pearl and the Curve, and I really liked the full keyboard and the bigger screen on the Curve.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I've used both. The pearl is smaller and easier to carry, but you will have to "double type". (Well, that's what I call it.) The camera on the pearl is a 1.3 mexa pixel one whereas on the Curve, it's a 2.0. It really depends on what you prefer carrying, something bigger or something smaller. Do realize that the pearl has predictive text entry options and the Curve doesn't. The headphone jack for the pearl is smaller than the one on the Curve. You can stick regular ear phones into the Curve to listen to music. If you intend on texting, emailing or bbm'ing I would go with the Curve as it has an extended keyboard. (Plus, the screen is bigger!)
    NOTE: the headphone jack on the 8130 "Pearl 2" is the standard jack...youcan use a set of regular phones with not need for an adapter!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by UH8ME View Post
    NOTE: the headphone jack on the 8130 "Pearl 2" is the standard jack...youcan use a set of regular phones with not need for an adapter!
    Thanks for adding this part on. I totally forgot that the Pearl 2 came out. Hehe..

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    Thanks for adding this part on. I totally forgot that the Pearl 2 came out. Hehe..
    No sweat!

oguinnc no está en línea Stack level 1

I got a Curve back in December and my deciding factor was the GPS. The Curve (8310) has the receiver built in and the Pearl you have to buy it seperate. So think about things like that too. I do love my Curve until today. My buttons seem to be sticking and always get the dialing out screen no matter what application or button I push. The only way to get out is the off button. Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12