I just started using BB messenger a bit more than usual. It seems I can ... BlackBerry Curve forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Question BB Messenger Questions?

Advertisement

I just started using BB messenger a bit more than usual. It seems I can type as long of a message as I want, which I like(sms 160 char limit). I can send pics easily. I tried to send a ringtone but it stated file size too large 15kb size limit. Why the limit on the different file types?
    Are there any limitations on sending messages to someone on BB messenger? Like if someone is in another country? And I don't mean Canada or Mexico. I was just curious about this. If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. If you really do know thanks for your help.

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    not sure about the file sizes, but i know for a fact you can still use bbm with pple who are out of the country, no matter what service they are on. i have friends in israel and italy and i bbm with them jsut as quickly as the guy next to me in class. any more questions?

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    and where are you located?

superman2683 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    i think it may not actually be the file size thats the problem, but the tone may be locked if downloaded via your provider

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    No it's file size. My friend has a curve on Verizon and I am on Sprint. He tried to send his uncle(att&t) a ringtone from his verizon curve. He said it stated 15kb size limit. So I tried to send a ringtone and it said the same thing. And the ringtone I tried to send wasn't locked.

superman2683 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    hmmm thats interesting, because i can send voice notes that i have recorded that are over 15 kb. and even if it was converting pics to mms size before sending thats still larger than 15 kb so i dont know what the deal is with the ringtones

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    and where are you located?
    NYC
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

CMKelley no está en línea Stack level 2
    BBMessenger isn't through your service provider. It operates on RIMs network..hence the reason homebody above can send messages to Israel. The size limit on sound is for one thing and one thing only...P2P file sharing. RIM obviously doesn't want people swapping copyrighted songs on their servers.