I don't know what happened, but whenever I used to get a BB message, the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

alltelcurve no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Messages showing up under sms icon

Advertisement

I don't know what happened, but whenever I used to get a BB message, the BBM icon would show I had a message waiting, but now the sms icon lights up when I get a new BB message.Anyone know why that is and how to fix it? Its driving me nuts because it never used to do that.(Just to let you all know, I have had an icon for all my emails, and an icon for my sms.before the problems started) Thanks for your help!

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    Maybe you changed theme and the icons are changed.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I did but I changed back to the orginal theme I was on.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have never had mine do that, but in BBM, there is an option to show conversations in message list, what's it set to? If it's yes, try changing it to no and see if that helps. Mine is set to yes, but I don't get the little star indicating a new message on my message folder icon, but on my BBM icon. I also have my Email and SMS/MMS separated, but nothing BBM related ever appears in my SMS folder, just convos in my messages folder, and like I said, the notification of a new message only appears on my BBM icon.

Also try re-booting your BB(alt/rt shift/delete), usually that will correct strange issues. If that doesn't help, try deleting then re-installing BBM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    I set my bbm to show not show in my sms. However some themes override it and it shows up in both. I change back and forth between today plus an L themes

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I changed it to not show in the messages folder and I also rebooted it to see what happens. I will keep this thread posted.

Thanks

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Mine shows on my pearl with certain themes also

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color