Im constantly on BB Messenger and as of about 2 months ago, my curve started ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Local Hero no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down BB Mesenger loses conversations + a number of other things

Advertisement

Im constantly on BB Messenger and as of about 2 months ago, my curve started randomly losing active conversations. It also loses alerts in the facebook plugin and sometimes freezes (as in endless hourglass) when i turn the screen back on when its off.

The problem started when i was still on an older OS (i cant recall the build) and, back then, it would also lose my call log, old sms's and read emails one top of the problems im desribing now. I upgraded the OS to 4.5.0.81 T-MO and it solved the call log, sms and email problems but now it seems that the thing just moves slower. I get the hourglass more frequently, it stalls out regularly, and it seems like its communicating with the network a lot more.

The only thing thats ever happened to the phone in the year and a half that i've had it is it fell in a glass of water about 9 months ago. I rescued it very quickly though and pulled the battery out within 2 seconds of it entering the water. I also immediately took it apart and dried it out before restarting it. And between then and 2 months ago it worked fine.

I saw an older thread by someone with the BBIM problem and she fixed it by turning off the content protection but ive never had it turned on in the first place. I also tried reinstalling the most recent OS and it worked well for the first 5 minutes then went back to its old tricks. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I need to be able to make this phone last until july when my 22 months is up and i can get the new curve. Please help.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    You're probably running into a memory issue.

You can clear out your Content Log in your Browser.
    Browser> Menu> Options> Cache Operations> Clear Content Cache

Also many other things you keep your Memory free. Like the Memory cleaner.

Options> Security> Memory Cleaning> Enable

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    also, check out this thread for more tips on freeing-up your memory.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f341/free_up_app_memory-104150/
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Local Hero no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for this. I went through and deleted a bunch of unused apps and such via the thread suggested and I looked up the the amount of file free and it is showing 8.8MB out a total of 55.3MB free. Is there a way i can test whats using all that memory? I dont have that many 3rd party apps on top of what comes w the OS. only:
    Google Maps
    Jivetalk
    Opera Mini
    Twitterberry
    Facebook
    Myspace
    Word to Go
    Grid Magic

Im seeing people with lists 3 times that long and still having 27MB available. Do i have a memory leak or something?

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only apps you have that I don't have are the social network and IM apps and I would not think that they would be the problem. Maybe check your event logs by clicking ALT + LGLG from the home screen. Clear your logs and then hide all events as you don't need this. Also, check your email and calendar settings. You will want to shorten the length of time that you are keeping these on your BB. I have mine set for 15 days. Also, clear out old mssgs in your IM programs, BB Messenger, and SMS. Clear out your phone logs and set the option to keep no logs.

Doing those addit steps may help free up more memory. Beyond that, I will let someone more experienced chime in.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

texas254fem no está en línea Stack level 1
    yea i think its just a personal problem...cuz i have the curve 4.5 os and mine runs great, i do tend to get the endless hour glass after a large download (like new theme) but thats usually because of memory if your still using the memory card that came with it...i suggest u upgrade
    [[TeXaS MaDe FeMMe]][[KoReaN BoRiCua]]