I have an unlocked curve and for the last month have been trying to get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

esotreric no está en línea Stack level 1

bb maps, google maps & opera mini no work

Advertisement

I have an unlocked curve and for the last month have been trying to get maps working.
    I have a 10 meg data plan with rogers and have confirmed this with them.
    I've reloaded the OS noumerous times in attempt to solve this issue.

BB Maps does not do a thing, it shows the loading bar go 1/8th across the screen and then it's just the map browser with no map on it. When trying to search it shows teh search bar up to 1/8th of the way and the poof nothing. Back to the blank map.

Google Maps downloads fine from the Rogers WAP browser and when loading it goes to 4/10 and then give the network error. I've set the permission to allow for internet access on this and BB Maps and Opera.

Opera Mini regardless of version 3 or 4 hi or low mem they all cannot connect to the internet.

I've done a test over the phone with Rogers to prove to me that the data plan is indeed functioning.

I don't know what else to read/configure.

Please help

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: bb maps, google maps & opera mini no work

Hello and welcome to pinstack. Can you use other apps on your BB?

sure like what?
    I have about a dozen or so apps loaded that I've purchased over the last 4 years that works fine. However they do not access the web.

Don't know if this helps or not but when I was signing up for hte Rogers service plan since my BB did not have a IMEI number they just entered in a generic one. I did not give them the BB pin # since I'm not on any sort of email push plan. I will be calling them again for tech support but so far no dice. I've read everything the search engine in pinstack could bring up about my issues but maybe there is something out there that I haven't stumbled across.

I bought the 8300 from ebay from "some guy" and it was new unlocked. No box however it did have the original protective coverings on both sides and I was certainly the first person to play with it. The OS installed was newer than any other downloadable one. I figured since I was with rogers I'd best be tagging along side them with the latest OS they were offering.

Anyhoo,

Any direction would be great. All I want is the maps feature because I'm on the road so much,

Cheers,

Edwardo

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Do you have any kind of Blackberry data plan, I am not familar with Roger's offerings, but some type of BB specific data has to be present for the device to browse, generic PPU internet plans or XX Mbytes plans, do not work with BB as they dont provision Blackberry access point on carrier's network, which is essential for any type of data connectivity, with the exception of WAP content with preloaded carrier's browser IE Medianet for AT&T or T-Zones for T-mobile. Most apps develped for BB using blackberyy access point for data, including BB maps and google maps. Opera Mini tends to use WAP, though......

Today I signed up for a BB data plan with Rogers. It's $15 a month for 1.5megs/month and then $25 for every MB after. I was just laughing hysterically on the phone. They said that they are going to cancel and credit me my $10/month navigate and browse plan because apparently its "incompatible" with a BB.

I'm guessing that the cancelling of the data plan was not a good thing.

I'm trying to setup my data service plan and send the service books over and see what happens but also another wall. Says my PIN and IMEI are incorrect.

bb Weather doesn't work either btw, program crashes because no profile is created.

fun fun fun.

sTYZ no está en línea Stack level 2

did you set the tcp settings? if not the maps and programs will not work. I had the same problem and i set them and everything works. I have google maps, bb maps i use the wap browser, quickIM, and just recently loaded EQO mobile with no problems. I think if you don't need the bb email and messenger then stay with the $10 10mb plan. much better than 1.5mb

FYI settings are:
    APN: internet.com
    Username:wapuser1
    Password:wap

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Maps use a lot of data, so make sure you keep an eye on data usage. If/when you get it working.

Wowsers! this is sweet!

After years of having a BB but only as an extension to my brain I finally get to have some fun!

Having google maps is going to change my life!!!

After I punched in the info you told me I immediatly phoned Rogers and cancelled the data plan. I can't beleive it's $20/MB.

I've been using Opera since 1999 and am thrilled to have it on my BB.

Thanks a million for you help!

Still one more question prevails. How did you know that this is what needed to be intered into the TCP settings? Is there something I should have read? Is the user name etc the same for all carriers? I do have a few different sim cards like for when I go to europe.

Edwardo

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

No Rogers over here but your data cost seems to be of the Dick Turpin variety.At least he wore a mask while he was robbing people. I pay $15 for unlimited data DL.. T-Mob. Don't they have an unlimited package(fair use)?...Heads up to sty's info.don't forget to hit his green trust button.!
    Last edited by seabirdone; 09-17-2007 at 01:20 AM.

sTYZ no está en línea Stack level 2

The name and password is a rogers specific thing. There is a list for each carrier here http://www.pinstack.com/carrier_sett...n_gateway.html

It's true rogers is raping everyone for the data but it's business. Supply and demand. People pay it so they charge it.