I am currently using the redirector for work email (not BES) and using it isntead ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E

BB Mail Redirector

Advertisement

I am currently using the redirector for work email (not BES) and using it isntead of BIS. I am almost sure that previously I use to be able to send outgoing emails on the BB w/o havng the redirector on. Today I have tried to send emails w/o it on and I am getting nothing but emails with:

RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

Only when I turn back on the redirector do these emails get out (like they were sitting in a que). My buddy sitting next to me is using his 8100 (which I set up) and he can send outgoing emails w/o the redirector on.

I've tried to send emails out of yahoo as well and they work perfectly. Any ideas?

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

Re: BB Mail Redirector

The Redirector MUST be running in order to send email from the BB, the messages that you're referring to are called 'flycathers'. There should also be an attachment with the email, withing the attachment is your PIN and email address, encrypted; hence, the message about carrying the data between the handheld and the associated server. Hope that helps a little.

Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E

My buddy running his 8100 has his redirector off and can still send out emails. . .

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

No, that's not correct. If he is getting emails, its being bounced directly from an internet account, not being pushed via blackberry.