Is there a way to set the BB email client to interpret html tags in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

danmonline no está en línea Stack level 2

BB email client html tags

Advertisement

Is there a way to set the BB email client to interpret html tags in messages?My email shows the html as text now. These are emails not text messages sent to me.Thanks for your help.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BB email client html tags

You can not set it manualy as of yet in the BB, but there are a couple html email viewers available here on Pinstack. You can find them here:

BB Smart: http://blackberryshop.pinstack.com/p...t-Email-Viewer

Empower: http://blackberryshop.pinstack.com/p...ail-Viewer-PRO

Question Re: BB email client html tags

I now use Gmail mobile from Google. I does a good job of this but is weak in attachments. Is a webmail client so no permanent copies are kept on the BB. I just refresh after cleaning up the Gmail on the server from my pc.

The BB email client is strong in attachments and weak in html. I was hoping to not have to keep two copies of everything to get all of the features I need overall.

How do the viewers do on attachments like PDF, GIF, etc.

Thanks for the help, again.

Have empower pro on trial. Looks like the HTML rendering is more complete on the empower code. Gmail is free but does not do much with the graphics on HTML formatted email. It primarily handles the URL formatting. Smilies are not shown as images either.

For $ 27 with promo code, it may be worth it to me. I am not clear on what the trial period is. How many days? Does the BB Reader default back to the original when it times out?

Thanks for the link.

PS: DO you recommend any of the other Empower products?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

I use Empower Pro and love it. It was worth the price and their tech support was great when I needed to switch devices. If you are using the trial, then when the time limit ends it should revert back to the default mail viewer. As far as their InstaSpell app, I use LexSpell since it is free so I cannot comment.

I am using the Beiks spell checker now. Its great. Pops up with corrections automatically. I also installed the FTP client. Works great. As a bonus it includes a BB local file browser for all file types in memory and SD card.

Any other great ideas? Thanks.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A

I first had BBSmart since it was the first program I saw. The load/converting REALLY annoyed me so I went in search of a new one. I saw Empowered pro. All I have to say is that it's simply perfect. Also, the next bb o.s will have a built in html viewer (supposetly it will be really good)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~