when i conect my bb to my destop/manger to do a backup,,,everytime i do so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb bb desktop issues!

Advertisement

when i conect my bb to my destop/manger to do a backup,,,everytime i do so afterwards my internet/browswer is no where to be found also my oz/im messenger is gone! and several other programs! the at&t reps dont have a clue as to how to help with this issue! all they ever do is resend service books! any help here? thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: bb desktop issues!

Just doing a Backup causes the loss of your service Books? Do you get an error message when it reboots? If so, what error message are you getting?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb Re: bb desktop issues!

no error messages! just takes time to have to redownload oz/messenger and then have to regain my internet messenger and other programs! what good does it do to do a backup threw desktop if everytime i have to spend time reinstalling programs? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Just doing a Backup causes the loss of your service Books? Do you get an error message when it reboots? If so, what error message are you getting?

Rcbjr.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

well since you lose everything everytime I would wipe the device completely... perhaps there is something on it that the device doesn't like (as in a bug in something).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I agree with cliffr39 - start over. Go to the AT&T web site and download the OS and go slow documenting every step and checking as you go. Be aware that the OS download takes a lot of time as I recall. Since you're having trouble with that step I'd say you can skip the backup step.
    jb