Cant connect using my wifi at home. It reeboots everytime I connect to my wifi ... BlackBerry Curve forum

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Curve wifi Issues.

Advertisement

Cant connect using my wifi at home. It reeboots everytime I connect to my wifi at home. Any suggestions? I have a bb curve and it asks for a shared key instead of the wifi password.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I don't have the 8320, but I've heard other people with this issue. There's a setting you need to change, but someone with your device will have to supply that for you.

hagop37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244BE076
    Just curious, what "setting" are you talking about? What does it have to do with?

I ask because I have this device on Tmo and have no issues, and use my wifi daily...

bayzbol44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Go to "Mobile Network" under "Options" and look at the different options you can change to select. You probably want "Wi-Fi Preferred" and "Automatic" for Network Selection Mode.

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    What OS are you running? if you are on 4.2.2.180 there are rebooting issues with some routers, Belkin mostly .. and some other N routers. You will need to upgrade your OS to 4.2.2.184 OR you can wait until TMO releases OS 4.5 here is the link to RIMs fix
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2082031189

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    JAVI what router do you have? also the shared key is the password. if you have access to the router your trying to connect to. go to the security tab and check which key is being used, or what is typed there, depending on the security it could be anything from 6 - 28 characters.

HAGOP, if your connecting to an open network (hotspot/ e.g. starbucks) then you dont have to do anything in most cases your BB will connect automatically. Only when your router/ network has security would you need to know the key, and in few instances the mac address for your device.
    Last edited by somthinsim; 08-12-2008 at 07:43 PM.

hagop37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244BE076
    Got it. When I first got my 8320, I spoke to the BB team at Tmo and they told me a few things to do on my router to tweak it.

The main thing was what channel to set my frequency to; I think it was 11.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I noticed that some channels seem to hold the connection better. I set mine to 3, you'll just have to experement with it. I have a N router and I had the same problem you had. I ugraded to 4.5 and it works fine now.

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Good information. I've definitely noticed with the problem Belkin routers, constant on and off literally as soon as the phone is rebooted, it shuts off again. Sooooo frustrating.

javi no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok well i have a linksys wrt110 and it doesnt have a level setting i dont believe. I can connect to everyone elses wifi network but not mines at home. why is that?

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    what do you mean by level?

then it most likely has to do with your settings on your router, the problem is that the information is not being transferred the way your BB wants it. First check your channel. then check that your settings are set to default since its able to connect to the other routers without a problem.

BTW, what error msg is your BB give, and what OS are you running?