Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~ What the deuce?!? I was curious on how both could even be ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #16
    DaX05's Avatar
    DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    146

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    Advertisement



    ~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

    What the deuce?!? I was curious on how both could even be compared to one another.
    But its surprising to know this. I will have to test this both and find out for myself.Hehe.

  2. #17
    nsaneone's Avatar
    nsaneone no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    24237FED
    Posts
    62

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    That is interesting. I don't use an IPod or anything because I like listening to my music over bluetooth, though about geting the Zune though.

  3. #18
    Mr D's Avatar
    Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    152

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    I don't know what headphones you guys are using...but the sound quality is NOT the same.

  4. #19
    vortec7's Avatar
    vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Posts
    531

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    Hahaha

    All it takes is a good Apple bashing to fire up this community.. Doesn't matter what the subject just compare a BB to anything apple and watch the stackers line up for attack...

    Apple sucks!
    (had to get my free shot in while they're down)

  5. #20
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Ok then can u walk me thru reloading 600 songs back onto my iPOD after a software upgrade gone bad? Thanks.
    Just send me a PM when you are ready and I'll be happy to assist you.....


  6. #21
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Just send me a PM when you are ready and I'll be happy to assist you.....
    PIN me. That will be easier. Pin in signature and profile


  7. #22
    i(heart)mybb1's Avatar
    i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    37

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    i have a blackberry because its everything in one device and i love it, RIM is a sucessful smart company, ill back 'em anyday.


    apple you make a 160 GB ipod... why not make a 160 GB iphone?? whats with the 4 GB or 8 GB and no room to add more mem... i dont get the thinking process with that company.

  8. #23
    BluesDrive's Avatar
    BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    Posts
    215

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    Quote Originally Posted by nsaneone View Post
    That is interesting. I don't use an IPod or anything because I like listening to my music over bluetooth, though about geting the Zune though.
    The Zune is def. better than the iPod. I want to get one once I save up money.

    Mr D: of course the sound isn't the same. you're comparing an mp3 player to a cell phone. However, when I connect my headphones to my phone as to compared to my friends brand new ipod(bought a month ago)...sound isn't all that different. The only difference is that the ipod is a tad bit more crisp. However, the phone does go comfortably louder.

  9. #24
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    Quote Originally Posted by vortec7 View Post
    Hahaha

    All it takes is a good Apple bashing to fire up this community.. Doesn't matter what the subject just compare a BB to anything apple and watch the stackers line up for attack...
    Here is my take on the Apple vs. The World (conflict).

    As it's more than simply comparing a BB to an Apple product, It's comparing _Any Other Tech Product_ with Apple that sparks the rage and venomous attacks from the Apple Camp.

    This is a very unique situation which is not too much unlike the days of the Grateful Dead. They had their legions of zealot like followers who called themselves "Dead Heads" They followed the band around from concert to concert, as though life itself revolved around their guru Gerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.

    Apple (read Steve Jobs) created their own form of this. Some proudly identify themselves as: "Cult of Mac", some by the moniker: Apple Faithful, and on and on it goes. This large group of followers are the very reason that Apple is still alive today.

    Simply because several years ago when Apple was down for the count (pre iPod days) it was these big spenders (some migh argue blind spenders) continued to buy whatever Apple put on the retail shelf, no matter what the quality, performance or retail price. Therefore it was those very overpriced products that brought in massive amounts of profit shore up what was a dying company, that simply didn't know they were dying.

    Being convinced that Apple can do no wrong, and money is no object, they soldier on no matter how greedy Apple gets. Or how much they are charged for any object that has the hallowed "Apple" logo on it, or is preceeded by an lowercase "i" . It's all about following their leader, no matter what the cost. Logic & thinking for oneself not required. Just have a fat wallet and open it on cue.

    When I say that I am someone who likes Apple products, and supports the company by making the purchase, I must be _very_ careful, because unlike any other product I buy, only Apple (the company) excites verbal abuse, and all kinds of attacks and very childish behavior from their hardcore Cult like followers.

    I have yet to see this radical unreasonable reaction from the Stackers.

    I believe the people on this forum (that use Apple products as I do) for the most part are the intelligent ones that do not populate the Apple Cult. These people (on PinStack) are most probably not married to any brand, or act like blind followers, but rather the ones that make intelligent choices to use the products that work best for them.

    The ones that like myself are _not_ to use a popular term "haters", but rather open minded consumers that enjoy choices, try different products and report fairly about their experiences wihout any desire to act as "evangelists".

    After all it's Apple themselves that continue to invest an obscene amount of money on these questionable TV commercials pitting a Mac against a PC. I must admit that anytime I hear or see one of these commercials I ask myself when if ever, is Apple going to let go of this silly attack on PC's. Many years ago, the Apple GUI was unveiled and encorporated into their computers, at that time there was an advantage on Apples side for consumers that had never used a computer. The Apple GUI made it simpler than a PC, and a bit more fun. However those days are light years behind us now, and the ease of use argument is a ghost from the past. A ghost which Apple continues to try and convince us still lives. Forget it, and face the facts Apple, you do make some very nice products, but you are not going to "Change The World", nor are you going to convince all people to "Think Different".

    As far as the people that comprise the warring factions, give it a rest folks and be true to yourselves. Keep it in perspective, and don't allow yourself to be sucked into the land of yes people.

    Finally if you still are harboring anger and resentment towards others, and you feel that you are _not_ being ripped off, or overpaying for Apple gear, I ask this question:

    Why does Apple charge $700.00 to upgrade a MacBook Pro to 4GB ram?, when I can buy the same top quality ram for only $109.99?

    Finally check out this comparison.

    A new MacBook Pro configured to the specs I use : $ 3,548.00
    source:

    A new ThinkPad T61 configured to the same specs $ 1,993.00
    source:

    That's a whopping $ 1,555.00 MORE for the MAC ? !
    Last edited by archer6; 02-24-2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added source links


  10. #25
    Mr D's Avatar
    Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    152

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Here is my take on the Apple vs. The World (conflict).

    As it's more than simply comparing a BB to an Apple product, It's comparing _Any Other Tech Product_ with Apple that sparks the rage and venomous attacks from the Apple Camp.

    This is a very unique situation which is not too much unlike the days of the Grateful Dead. They had their legions of zealot like followers who called themselves "Dead Heads" They followed the band around from concert to concert, as though life itself revolved around their guru Gerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.

    Apple (read Steve Jobs) created their own form of this. Some proudly identify themselves as: "Cult of Mac", some by the moniker: Apple Faithful, and on and on it goes. This large group of followers are the very reason that Apple is still alive today.

    Simply because several years ago when Apple was down for the count (pre iPod days) it was these big spenders (some migh argue blind spenders) continued to buy whatever Apple put on the retail shelf, no matter what the quality, performance or retail price. Therefore it was those very overpriced products that brought in massive amounts of profit shore up what was a dying company, that simply didn't know they were dying.

    Being convinced that Apple can do no wrong, and money is no object, they soldier on no matter how greedy Apple gets. Or how much they are charged for any object that has the hallowed "Apple" logo on it, or is preceeded by an lowercase "i" . It's all about following their leader, no matter what the cost. Logic & thinking for oneself not required. Just have a fat wallet and open it on cue.

    When I say that I am someone who likes Apple products, and supports the company by making the purchase, I must be _very_ careful, because unlike any other product I buy, only Apple (the company) excites verbal abuse, and all kinds of attacks and very childish behavior from their hardcore Cult like followers.

    I have yet to see this radical unreasonable reaction from the Stackers.

    I believe the people on this forum (that use Apple products as I do) for the most part are the intelligent ones that do not populate the Apple Cult. These people (on PinStack) are most probably not married to any brand, or act like blind followers, but rather the ones that make intelligent choices to use the products that work best for them.

    The ones that like myself are _not_ to use a popular term "haters", but rather open minded consumers that enjoy choices, try different products and report fairly about their experiences wihout any desire to act as "evangelists".

    After all it's Apple themselves that continue to invest an obscene amount of money on these questionable TV commercials pitting a Mac against a PC. I must admit that anytime I hear or see one of these commercials I ask myself when if ever, is Apple going to let go of this silly attack on PC's. Many years ago, the Apple GUI was unveiled and encorporated into their computers, at that time there was an advantage on Apples side for consumers that had never used a computer. The Apple GUI made it simpler than a PC, and a bit more fun. However those days are light years behind us now, and the ease of use argument is a ghost from the past. A ghost which Apple continues to try and convince us still lives. Forget it, and face the facts Apple, you do make some very nice products, but you are not going to "Change The World", nor are you going to convince all people to "Think Different".

    As far as the people that comprise the warring factions, give it a rest folks and be true to yourselves. Keep it in perspective, and don't allow yourself to be sucked into the land of yes people.

    Finally if you still are harboring anger and resentment towards others, and you feel that you are _not_ being ripped off, or overpaying for Apple gear, I ask this question:

    Why does Apple charge $700.00 to upgrade a MacBook Pro to 4GB ram?, when I can buy the same top quality ram for only $109.99?

    Finally check out this comparison.

    A new MacBook Pro configured to the specs I use : $ 3,548.00
    source:

    A new ThinkPad T61 configured to the same specs $ 1,993.00
    source:

    That's a whopping $ 1,555.00 MORE for the MAC ? !
    I respect and mostly agree with what you say because a lot of it is true.

    I'd like to classify myself as a more "intelligent" consumer in use of your terms.

    However, being on topic, I looked at the thread more of a Phone MP3 player vs Dedicated MP3 player discussion. Being a little bit of a sound enthusiast, I don't think you can really compare the two music players as far as playing music.

    A lot of Apple fans do tend to carry strong biasedness though.

    To answer your last question... because they can. It works, people are buying, they are selling, end of story. They make decisions based on the market, economy, and results. This is for any business.

    The MBP runs both windows OS and Mac OS. At one point, I was choosing between a Thinkpad or a MacBook Pro, and I've decided to go to the next gen of the MacBook Pro. It's worth it to me, I love the quality of their laptops and software, and the convenience of an Apple store is great. The ability to use both OS's is great to me... Apple does make great products and this is one of them.

    I currently have Windows operated computers and laptops, so I am by no means an all out mac guy, nor will I probably ever be (well, never say never).

    However, the last question you pose isn't a very strong one, and is irrelevent to your whole post.

    To sit here and question a Apple users ("Cults) and question their product against another product in which you own, puts you no better (nor worse) than the claims you've made.

    Basically though, at this point, it's pretty obvious Apple products are not CHEAP... that's a whole different debate and topic.

  11. #26
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Just send me a PM when you are ready and I'll be happy to assist you.....

    I sent you a PM. Thanks.


  12. #27
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    I respect and mostly agree with what you say because a lot of it is true.

    I'd like to classify myself as a more "intelligent" consumer in use of your terms.

    However, being on topic, I looked at the thread more of a Phone MP3 player vs Dedicated MP3 player discussion. Being a little bit of a sound enthusiast, I don't think you can really compare the two music players as far as playing music.

    A lot of Apple fans do tend to carry strong biasedness though.

    To answer your last question... because they can. It works, people are buying, they are selling, end of story. They make decisions based on the market, economy, and results. This is for any business.

    The MBP runs both windows OS and Mac OS. At one point, I was choosing between a Thinkpad or a MacBook Pro, and I've decided to go to the next gen of the MacBook Pro. It's worth it to me, I love the quality of their laptops and software, and the convenience of an Apple store is great. The ability to use both OS's is great to me... Apple does make great products and this is one of them.

    I currently have Windows operated computers and laptops, so I am by no means an all out mac guy, nor will I probably ever be (well, never say never).

    However, the last question you pose isn't a very strong one, and is irrelevent to your whole post.

    To sit here and question a Apple users ("Cults) and question their product against another product in which you own, puts you no better (nor worse) than the claims you've made.

    Basically though, at this point, it's pretty obvious Apple products are not CHEAP... that's a whole different debate and topic.
    Mr. D,

    I too, respect your position and the points you made, after reading your well written post.

    Please allow me to back up for a moment. I would like to qualify (not justify) my rather lengthy rant here earlier. Frankly I had just finished a few posts on an Apple forum that is usually fun to participate in, however today it was crazy and I allowed myself to get caught up in the madness. No excuse, but I'm human and let it carry over to this forum which is the last thing I should have done.

    Just like you said people are buying because they can, and I'm an example of that as true to what I said earlier I own many Apple products. Plus I just ordered that very MacBook Pro I used as an example. (however I'm installing my own ram. )

    I have always owned and worked with ThinkPads, and Powerbooks / MacBook Pros for the last 10 years. In fact my very first laptop was a Powerbook 140, and I have always been biased towards Macs as my personal laptop of choice. Therefore the only point I'm making here is that I'm not bashing macs or their owners. I simply got off topic and into a rant which was inappropriate.

    Cheers!


  13. #28
    hoosierdaddynow's Avatar
    hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    Posts
    196

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    I enjoyed reading both comments. Have a great day.

  14. #29
    BluesDrive's Avatar
    BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    Posts
    215

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    well, I'm an apple hater for 2 main reasons:

    1. I grew up on PCs and had a good friend who hated apple products
    2. Me and almost everybody I knew had bad experiences with apple products

    Now...One of my best friends loves apple. He's got a macbook, iPod, and iPhone. I've had to repair his macbook, go through him buying endless iPods because they broke, and he's decided that when his iPhone breaks, he's going to switch to a treo or a blackberry. He has a sony vaio computer but he hardly takes care of that.

    In fact, almost all of my friends have iPods. And just about every single one of them is sick of them. I've basically convinced everybody that their next buy is the zune.

  15. #30
    Mr D's Avatar
    Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    152

    Re: BB Curve vs. 5th Gen Ipod

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Mr. D,

    I too, respect your position and the points you made, after reading your well written post.

    Please allow me to back up for a moment. I would like to qualify (not justify) my rather lengthy rant here earlier. Frankly I had just finished a few posts on an Apple forum that is usually fun to participate in, however today it was crazy and I allowed myself to get caught up in the madness. No excuse, but I'm human and let it carry over to this forum which is the last thing I should have done.

    Just like you said people are buying because they can, and I'm an example of that as true to what I said earlier I own many Apple products. Plus I just ordered that very MacBook Pro I used as an example. (however I'm installing my own ram. )

    I have always owned and worked with ThinkPads, and Powerbooks / MacBook Pros for the last 10 years. In fact my very first laptop was a Powerbook 140, and I have always been biased towards Macs as my personal laptop of choice. Therefore the only point I'm making here is that I'm not bashing macs or their owners. I simply got off topic and into a rant which was inappropriate.

    Cheers!
    Yeah, I definitely understand trust me.

    Not just Apple fans, but fans of any sort that bring full bias towards any company or product is very annoying.

    Some people can just see through one tube and one tube only.

    A great example is Apple iPhone "haters." One of their main arguments is that the iPhone has outdated features, lacks features that other basic phones have. This is usually the excuse I run across when talking to someone who is against teh iPhone. They'll also bring up something like the Tilt as a better device.

    I think you know where I'm getting at, but the Tilt is better for a certain crowd, whereas the iPhone is better for a BIGGER crowd. End of story. America is not smart of to have many Tilt owners that actually USE the phone to its full capabilities.

    Like I said, a lot of your points are true as Apple does try to rip you off in some (or many?) areas. RAM is one of them.

    I'm waiting for the next gen MacBook Pro since that will be the time where I will most likely need it.

    Did you order the 17 or 15 inch?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •