Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wow. That is a lot of cool stuff. I'm not sure I know where to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vas729 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: bb curve sooo slow

Wow. That is a lot of cool stuff. I'm not sure I know where to begin, but I will see what I can do. I looked for an updated version of the operating system and only found what I currently have. I am going to keep looking for the one that you speak of.

The only thing that I have been doing with any kind of consistency is the alt+lglg thing, and deleting prior of texts and emails. I do that every few days.

Thanks for all of the help though. I am going to try to find the newest OS right now. I only looked on at&t's site so far. I guess I will have to head over to RIM's site to see if it is there.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: bb curve sooo slow

For the OS download:
    Which redirects to this link ( ) I believe.

The other "low hanging fruit" (if you haven't done it already) is to run the Setup Wizard and remove the unneeded languages.

If after all of that, and the unit is stll sluggish, try removing PTT (Push to Talk), since it continuously runs in the background.

It appears to be very straightforward to remove BlackBerry Messenger. See this post #2 by NJBlackBerry on BBF ( ) for details. I can't say that I notice a difference. Removing PTT and the unneeded languages seemed to make more of a difference in UI responsiveness. I had some slowdowns yesterday, and recalled seeing Erica's post about purging the log entries, and that help restore the UI responsiveness for me.
    Last edited by Aroc; 08-23-2007 at 02:09 PM.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123