Is it me or does the Curve OS lag when you load apps on it? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kpfury no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Curve lagging

Advertisement

Is it me or does the Curve OS lag when you load apps on it? Straight out of the box, it was pretty spiffy, but once I put BBWeather, Opera Mini, and Jive Talk it def slowed down a lil bit. Maybe it's b/c i also have a media card in it w/ 1gb of stuff?

Also, when you guys go to change profile, does it take a second or two for the profile window to pop up, or is it just me?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: BB Curve lagging

When changing themes or add a lot of apps you may see some lag... there are a lot of internal processes changing when you do those things... as for changing profiles, that is a pretty quick process on my Curve... doesn't take long at all

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I think changing profiles does take a second or two to come up. But that was seen with some of the reviews posted about the 8300. It just seems to take a bit longer. I have a few apps loaded on mine, and it really doesn't seem to be any slower. I'm sure with future OS updates they will work on the speed of the device overall.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

the only thing I see lag is the FreeRange program (RSS reader) when opening... otherwise the Curve is faster than my Pearl was.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

I do not yet have a Curve, but on my 8800, when I was changing themes or a profile the device would lag a little bit. But nothing that shouldn't be expected.

kashfr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24048BEC

My BB Curve was lagging terribly the other day. I thought it was because I had too many apps loaded. I uninstalled about 7 programs to try and fix this problem. I did notice a slight increase in speed. I also figured the problem was the result of me using SMS. I went into the SMS settings and removed the previous history to see if this might help. Hopefully it does...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

k1stunr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404AC13

my curve lagged a little until i deleted almost all of the languages which upped my device memory to around 25mb instead of 12mb since them smooth as silk

jul3z00 no está en línea Stack level 1

i've had the same problem with my curve... i have a few apps loaded, but still laggs a lot... what should i do?

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ my curve was lagging as well, but I found out a cool trick from a friend for clearing up some memory. If you hold down alt and press lglg and release alt, it'll bring up a list. This list, is a history of all the actions you have taken on your blackberry. The list gets filled with more and more stuff everyday you do something. So, it is a good idea to clear this history at least once a day. Although, it does not free up an incredible amount of space, it definitly helps. Hope this helps some peiple out there, I know it helped me.

pakas no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that lglg works I tried it hey so where can I get some cool free themes my pin is 243c7bo4