Hi All. I'm new. I would like to know if I can flash this BB ... BlackBerry Curve forum

specialrere no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB Curve 8330 from Verizon with a bad ESN...help me plz

Advertisement

Hi All. I'm new. I would like to know if I can flash this BB Curve 8330 from Verizon with a bad ESN to Metro PCS. Of course the person that I bought it from said "Oh sure it can be done." If it can be done, what is the going rate? (I'm in Los Angeles, CA.)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    As far as I know if the ESN is bad you have nothing more than a paper weight. If it wasn't a cdma device your options might be different but since it is I am sure the esn and PIN are blocked and you won't be able to use it.

oh wow

Thank you so much. My feelings are so hurt but that's what I get for being an impatient person. You live and learn, huh?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Don't just take my word for it lets see what others say. I think my answer is the correct one but maybe someone knows something I don't, Hopefully!!

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree with cowboy, if the esn is bad you have a expensive and fancy looking paper weight. However I did find this article, about metropcs. Its kinda old but hope it helps and anybody with new info please show. Here's the link, http://telephonyonline.com/wireless/...metropcs-0626/ talks about metropcs willing to reflash any cdma device from sprint and verizon to gain more customers and take some out of big red and sprint.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

what if I took the bb to another carrier besides metro pcs...like a pre paid carrier?I just want to be able to use it.

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I believe its up to the carrier to activate it. Metropcs inthe article is willin to do it but another pre paid carrier might not be ale to or even want to. I saw articles that sprint is doing that, but sprint isn't prepaid.

BB_KC_Boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2079E897
    Yes you can flash it over.. the esn is only bad on that network.. when i has sprint i use to flash bad esn phones from Verizon to them all the time sprint will do it for free.. but most providers will have to flash it for you.
    T- Mobile G1 using Cyanogen Build 4.1.11.1 Android 1.6 On T-Mobile Network
    Running a Hero Based Theme

I AM A PC AND LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

oolimee no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can flash BB to MetroPCS with full internet and picture messaging also. Please contact me.

Aaron
    Transteamcorp@gmail.com
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Okay...so now it's "flashed" although when I called MetroPCS to activate and transfer my info to the BB they are saying that the ESN has to be released/is not in inventory...some stuff like that.How can I fix this?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That goes back to what I originally said. When using a CDMA device the esn or PIN are still tied to another account and the device is useless. The only option I know of is having the original owner or the last one with the device on their account will have to call the carrier they had service with and release it.