Hello everyone, From what I've seen there are a lot of experienced users here! Can ... BlackBerry Curve forum

VictorHK no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB Curve 8320 Wi-Fi Browser

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

From what I've seen there are a lot of experienced users here! Can someone give me some direction with this issue I'm having?

I have the BB curve 8320 from T-mobile. I don't have the data plan since I have wireless access everywhere. I figured it would be easy to just use the wi-fi networks instead of paying for a data plan.

Here's the issue. I can't use certain applications with the BB over my wi-fi. When I install the GMAIL app I get an error stating:

Network Unavailable: This
    program requires a data
    connection, and some
    BlackBerry devices require
    reconfiguration to work
    properly. Please visit the Gmail
    FAQ on your computer for
    more info.

This is pretty much the same error message I get with all of the other apps I've tried to install on my curve.

I can go online, over wi-fi, with the default browser but nothing else will work without the data plan.

Has anyone figured out how to route all of the internal data requests to go over the wi-fi network instead of the RIM network?

OperaMini for instance does not work either... despite a strong Wi-Fi connection. So again... I basically want all internet connections to go through my wi-fi instead of looking for the RIM data plan connection.

Can anyone help?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: BB Curve 8320 Wi-Fi Browser

Unfortunately I don't think you can just use the Wifi without a data plan. Have you looked in the WiFi Forums?

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rry_wi-fi.html

jtallen7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BB Curve 8320 Wi-Fi Browser

how is the curve
    -------
    i was thinking about getting one
    Last edited by jtallen7; 11-27-2007 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Automerged.

Envizion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Smile

well with the 8320 you can use wi-fi w/o the plan. Its a perk of the phone. For some reason there is an issue w/ 3rd part apps I have the same problem with my 8320.

P.S. I think its the best phone ever created by man lol