Simple question, looking for the correct and simple answer. I know that youtube does not ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3

BB Curve 8320 - Streaming Video Yes or No?

Advertisement

Simple question, looking for the correct and simple answer. I know that youtube does not work, however I have gone to and tried to stream video's from tinytube.net with no luck - error is "A problem occurred while trying to render the page."

I've cleared the cache, took out the battery <while device was on>, still no luck. I even reset my router since I am using the wi-fi @ home feature, also no luck there. I've also tried all options with configuring the BB browser, no luck there either.

Saving the file and then playing it works fine. I've also noticed the file saved is in a .3gp format, so the on board media player can play the file, the browser just can't "stream" the file??

I've also downloaded and installed the OperaMini browser and I receive the same error as above.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd really appreciate it since I've already blown about 2 hours messing with this phone.

avmsam no está en línea Stack level 1
    on ur phone, check out blueapple.mobi
    its AMAZING. it grabs videos from youtube and other places too and IT WORKS on blackberries. i normally choose "open" and use the hi res ones, cuz the regular ones have audio/video sync issues on my curve.

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the link, I forgot to mention I also went to that site as well. After the target video I have chosen to open finishes loading, I still receive the same error message, "A problem occurred while trying to render the page."

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when 4.5 is relesased we well be abl to view.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't try a lot of streaming video pgms but I tried this on today:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...reenshots.html

and it worked fine on my 8320 1st try. See if this works. What level of service do you normally get? EDGE? I was running UMA when I tried the test.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com