Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

well!!! Crap-ola!!! I think I was suppose to take the battery out before installing... It ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bettylittle no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

well!!! Crap-ola!!! I think I was suppose to take the battery out before installing... It is showing a dead battery??? AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!lol here I go again!

Ok, I see the connection in both device manager properties and in device manager... I'm in hourglass hell LOL....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It's not necessary to remove the battery when you do an OS installation. What's happening now? It could take some time for the device to initialize during an installation, so you shouldn't be messin' with anything!

Yes, sir!!! I put the phone down on the desk LOL..... It's taken longer than it did the last time to boot up...

Well, in this case, the spinning hourglass is a good thing. Just let it do its thing.

Okay, I have to head out here shortly, but I've called in the cavalry, so don't panic! I'll check back in later to see how it went!

Roger

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    How did it go?

It's still not charging!!!! What am I doing wrong???

Then it is most likely a hardware problem, there could be a loose pin in your USB port that is not allowing charging. If you try different cables and different chargers with no success then the next thing would be to get an external battery charger, or pay to have your USB port replaced. I'm guessing the external charger would be cheaper but much less convenient.

Or if you have ins., then put in a claim and get a new device.

Maybe someone else has a better idea :-/

I have a car charger, Will that work??I am seeing the connection in the PIN?

I have tried charging through the car charger as well and it still dont charge....

You can try the car charger. It is possible for the USB port to be just slighly damaged or for there to be debris that will cause it to connect to PC but not charge, or for it to charge but not be recognized by the PC. There are lots of tiny contacts in there.

I have an external charger, where you actually remove the battery from the phone, charge it, then put it back(I use it for my spare battery). Not ideal, but if you are not ready to buy a new device, that may be the thing to do.

Oh Ok, I will check on ebay if I can't figure this out and get one. It's seeing it through the desktop manager and the device manager. Wouldn't it not been reconized through any of those if a pin was damaged?

As I said above, it is possible for slight damage or dirt to cause one or the other to not work. Look in the port for dust bunnies, you would have to be very careful about cleaning it, maybe some canned air to blow it out, but this can cause dust to appear in your screen...

Ok, thank you so much for your help....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast