i instaled those application but it won't work i don't know whats the problem:: i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

innocentman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252574EC

bb curve 8300 google map,yahoo go, gmail applications

Advertisement

i instaled those application but it won't work i don't know whats the problem:: i called my operator service ( t-mobile croatia) and they can't help me...thaey said that is not them problem cause that applications are not them and that all..

browsing this forum i saw that those application works that model of bb::.can someone help me pls

internet connection is i think ok...his browser is doing ok but, opera mini is always saying that the connection is low and ask me do i want to proceed??

yahoo go just can't connect on internet
    gmail also cant connect i'm waiting and waiting and it can't connect
    google map_when i start it my bb just freeze and i need to get out his battery (restart it)

anyone knows what is the poblem

thx by innocentman

vean no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: bb curve 8300 google map,yahoo go, gmail applications

Bok, pozdrav iz Zagreba....
    Pisat ću ipak na engleskom pošto je takav forum.

I still didn't get my first BB unlocked. I both it locked on VIPNET and now I order unlock code so I can use it on T-mobile. I didn't best source because till now I didn't never use BB and still don't use use it.... in waiting for code... but I will write You what I find on this forum.

I read if You upload .ALX files (applications) which are first made in .jad then some applications will not work. I also try that. Don't have BB plan but have that VIPNET free surf plan (0,9$ = 100KB - not so free). I also have problems with that kind of applications. Gmaps don't work like that, but if you install it OTA (over the air) then work great.

OTA - just open your browser and go to:
    gmail.com/app FOR GMAIL
    www.google.com/app FOR GMAPS
    http://m.google.com/sync - FOR GCALENDAT - shoud sync google calendar with your BB calendar. Not sure. Didn't try yet.

I hope so that can help.

UPDATE:
    useful link (ALL GOOGLE MOBILE APPLICATIONS):
    http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/mobile/sync/
    Last edited by vean; 01-28-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: more information

PIN/ID
    252574EC

I'll try and tell you what will happen::::

Worm no está en línea Stack level 1

I think you may just need to go to Options, Advanced Options, TCP and enter the "internet" APN for your carrier.

cheers

Worm

Warm,
    yes, TCP could be problem.

But, I don't have BB service jet and I have TCP settings for internet. Browsing is doing great, but all programs which use internet didn't work.
    Then I install it OTA, and don't have problems. Still don't use everything because I'm now on really expensive internet connection. In waiting for my unlock code....

PIN/ID
    252574EC

my apn is ''web.htgprs'' and that is that but the programs still not work

apps are instled ota and still not work
    Last edited by innocentman; 01-29-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Sorry, but this is the end of my experience. Like I said, this is my first BB and still don't use it fully.

Just a guess...
    Do You pay for BB service (BlackBerry usluga)? Or just for data plan (web'n'walk)?

I'm not quite sure in that and I will need to open just one more thread about it. Do You need to open BB service? I know that we need it for emails, but I'm not quite sure do we really need it.

I buy blackberry when it was 4 months old and person use it on VIPNET. She send "SERVICE BOOKS" to blackberry. For now I still use it on VIPNET without BB service. How my 8310 will work on t-mobile when I unlock it I'm not quite sure.

What is catch with those SERVICE BOOK? Experience users... please help.

If I want use with Voice calls just SMS, MMS, Gmail, Gcalendar and internet browser....
    Is it enough just to have DATA PLAN? Do I really need BB SERVICE and send to my self SERVICE BOOKS?

innocentman,
    I think that could also be Your problem.