Sometimes when I click on my bb browserit shows "go to" in the menu and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jkellythompson no está en línea Stack level 1

bb browser question

Advertisement

Sometimes when I click on my bb browserit shows "go to" in the menu and sometimes it does not. I need this to show all the time. I don't know how to get it to show all the time and why it doesn't. Can someone please help me out. When I'm in a hurry it is very flustrating. This also applies to my bookmarks in the menu. Sometimes they show and sometimes not!
    JKT

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Select the BB browser from you main screen. When it opens, press the menu key (just left of the trackball) and "go to" will be on of your options. Help?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    i think he's saying that he tries that and sometimes it's not there...if that's the case jkellythompson; if you have don't have full menus enabled then you don't always get certain parts of menus depending how the program/app is configured. To enable full menus and always see every available option from your home screen icons go to Options --> Screen/Keyboard --> Menu Style (bottom of page) and select Full instead of Short. Then save your changes and close out. Do a reset to ensure that the changes take full effect...let us know if that's what you wanted and what works.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Odd - I guess I misunderstood. I've always used "short menu" on several phones AND releases and have never missed "go to" on the browser. Nice catch if that's it magellan!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    just want to add that pressing the g key while in the browser will bring up the go to page as well.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    just want to add that pressing the g key while in the browser will bring up the go to page as well.
    Thats a new one to me thanks for that!!

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Thats a new one to me thanks for that!!
    You're welcome. Here are the rest, cut and pasted from Crackberry. I just know these work on the Curve. jkellythompson take note of "k" too. I have just recently got into the shortcut keys. I only recently learned that when you scroll over an app in the home screen and the app name appears just above the trackball, the shortcut key will be underlined. Helps one learn them. I know it's old news to many here but nice to know if you don't.

Browser Shortcuts

To insert a period in the Go To dialog box, press the Space key
    To insert a slash mark (/) in the Go To dialog box, press Shift+Space
    To open the browser options, in the browser, press O
    To stop loading a web page, press the Escape key
    To hide the browser, press D
    To close the browser, hold the Escape key
    To view the address for a link, highlight a link. Press L
    To move forward a screen, press the Shift key and the Space key
    To move to a previous screen, press the Space key
    G - Move to a specific page
    H - Return to the home page