Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone out there has used or is currently ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wanska13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30595C68

BB as MP3 player

Advertisement

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if anyone out there has used or is currently using their BB as their primary MP3 player - and if so, what your thoughts are about it. I've been wanting to upgrade to an 8GB player, and I've realized that it would be much cheaper to buy an 8GB memory card than a new player.
    Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I use my 8130 with a 4 gig card as my mp3 player for the gym all the time. I love being able to only carry one device.

I used to carry a regular old flip phone, my Palm Tungsten E, and my creative zen mp3 player in my purse......now just my BB!

Sometimes if I'm gonna do an hour on the eliptical I load on a couple episodes of scrubs to watch while I'm on there instead of music, just to switch things up. The only downside is that it's much bigger than a little 8gig mp3 player, but it works out OK for me in my pocket.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Can't speak from personal experience, but I have seen several Stackers report that they use their device as primary source of music.

There are threads that will tell you which devices and OS support each individual card size, so make sure your device will support the 8gb card.

I think the largest card you can use on a Curve with the v4.2 OS is 4gb.

You need to be at v4.3 or above to go with a larger card.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I had an iPod, then got a Sony Ericsson K550i and started using that as an MP3 player...UI wasn't as nice but it was easier carrying one music device than two.

I then got a BB 8100 and have been using that, and it's great. I have MiuTunes and its the best player ever, continuously updating and all that.

I have a 4gb card right now...and its more than enough for me. I would say its a great idea to use it as an MP3 player.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

ivwshane no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use my 8310 as my primary mp3 player, I love stereo bluetooth.

However, for whatever reason, there are some of my mp3's that it is unable to play. I can't figure out why it wont play them but it is the only annoying thing I have about the curve as an mp3 player.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    I too have laid my 60 GB video ipod aside and use my 8130 with micro SD card and love just carrying one device to the gym. And plugging into my FJ Cruiser and jamming- and for now I have to transfer the mp3 podcast file- but soon with the new Viigo, will be able to listen to that on here too! Woo hoo!

Totally recommend it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I also use my 8310 as an mp3 player, and have had no issues with it. Im using the Phillips turbo bass ear buds and the sound is fantastic.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I was never a huge MP3 player kind of guy. I have a small 2GB iPod Mini that I would use at the gym or in the car, but that was it.

Not that I have the Curve, I put a few songs on it in case the mood strikes to listen to something. Works great for me. I'd think that if you didn't need the huge storage space of a 40 or 60gb player, it would be more than sufficient.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

jjasonwwhite no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I think the largest card you can use on a Curve with the v4.2 OS is 4gb.

You need to be at v4.3 or above to go with a larger card.
    I've been on the fence about using my berry as my main music source for a while. Based on this thread I think I'm going to convert. I haven't bought an SD card yet, though.

Can someone verify whether or not you can use an 8Gb card on an 8300 curve if running the 4.5 OS (I'm currently on 4.5.0.37).

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    I started using my 8320 as my main source of music about a month ago. I only have a 2gb card now, but that's enough for me.

The key is to make sure you get good headphones. I use the Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones, they work great at the gym. Its convenient, because I can skip to the next track, etc using the buttons on the S9 without pulling my bb out of the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by jjasonwwhite View Post
    I've been on the fence about using my berry as my main music source for a while. Based on this thread I think I'm going to convert. I haven't bought an SD card yet, though.

Can someone verify whether or not you can use an 8Gb card on an 8300 curve if running the 4.5 OS (I'm currently on 4.5.0.37).
    Did a search of the threads and anything v4.3 and above will support an 8gb card:

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2GB

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4GB

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4GB

BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8GB

lito16 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've been using my Curve for videos and music but using a wired headset. I'm thinking of buying a stereo BT headset, but not sure which ones works best with the Curve. Also someone above mentioned some mp3's don't work with the BT headsets. Is there a fix?

Thanks...

lito16 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lito16 View Post
    ... Also someone above mentioned some mp3's don't work with the BT headsets. Is there a fix?

Thanks...
    I think I found the answer to my question: DRM mp3 files? Those don't work on BB.

str8jen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31a47019
    I've been considering this idea but I have concerns regarding battery life...comments, advice??

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast