Hey guys, Just got my first Blackberry the other day. 8310, pretty happy with it, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

emorris no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Account problems

Advertisement

Hey guys,

Just got my first Blackberry the other day. 8310, pretty happy with it, as a phone anyway. However I'm having a hard time with data. I bought this phone on ebay, it is ATT branded (now unlocked) but I am trying to use it on Fido service in Canada. I know that my account is good as when i put my sim card in another BB it works fine. For some reason when I try to register imei and pin of this phone at either fido.blackberrry.com or att.blackberry.com I get an error message "Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator." Now i have called fido, att, and blackberry support with no help. I'm running out of ideas. Hopefully the brains here have some thoughts for me.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: BB Account problems

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sounds to me like it is still tied to the old account it was on. You may need to get in touch with the seller and hope they didn't have an unpaid bill on that account

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You can't register the IMEI or PIN? It sounds fishy...kinda sounds stolen. Have you checked if the IMEI and see if it has been stolen?

you might wanna check this site see if it was reported
    http://www.amta.org.au/default.asp?Page=405
    Last edited by reddog187; 12-24-2007 at 07:30 PM.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

That definitely doesn't sound right. For sure follow up with the seller on this. How was the seller's feedback rating on Ebay?
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

emorris no está en línea Stack level 1

Seller has 100 Percent feedback and i know a couple people who have bought from him with no problems on the same phone. Phone is brand new so i don't think that it was registered before. Also to be on the safe side I've checked with Att and they don't show anything on that imei, they say that it is there phone but it was never registered on their network.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm with lavagirl, I would definitely contact the seller.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

For some reason when I try to register imei and pin of this phone at either fido.blackberrry.com or att.blackberry.com I get an error message "Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator."
    . Is this from both systems or just one? The word suspended here is the key word. If both Fido and AT&T give this error, it's probably coming from RIM and there is something wrong.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles