Hi, My trackball only works sporadically. Sometimes it works perfectly fine, and literally 2 seconds ... BlackBerry Curve forum

soccer6_10 no está en línea Stack level 2

BB 8900 Trackball Problem

Advertisement

Hi,

My trackball only works sporadically. Sometimes it works perfectly fine, and literally 2 seconds later it is completely frozen. The rest of the phone will work, but the trackball is stuck. An hour later the trackball will all the sudden work again.

What do you guys think the problem is and what should I do?

I am thinking either cleaning the trackball or upgrading to the latest OS.

Thoughts, suggestions, step by step advise.

Thanks

adperdue no está en línea Stack level 2
    You could clean it, look for "trackball removal how to blackberry" on google. You'll find lots of guides.
    I would clean it first, them think about replacing it. If its still under warranty I would give your providers customer service a call before performing surgery on your berry.
    Replacing a track ball is fairly easy.

soccer6_10 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey,

Last night all of the sudden the problem was fixed and it worked all day today. But right now, I needed to charge it and as it was charging I tried to use the phone and same problem.

I read about this how on some OS the phone freezes when you charge it while it's on. I still run 4.6.1.231 on it.

Do you think upgrading would eliminate the problem?

Is the latest official OS for T-mobile good?

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I tried everything including cleaning and wiping and was unable to fix said problem. I talked to tmo on this issue and i sent back one of my 8900's because of it, they told me its a known issue and i went ahead and switched out the phone. If ur phone is in warranty or u have paid the monthly service protection plan you should use it and replace the phone out. The replacement works great and i havent had anymore issues with it since.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel