See this link . Remember, it still may not be firm yet ...... BlackBerry Curve forum

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3

BB 8900 To Be Discontinued?

Advertisement

See this link.

Remember, it still may not be firm yet ...

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    T-Mobile is discontinuing the 8900. They've already taken it off their site. Don't know about any other carrier that carries the 8900 tho. Plus the 8910 is being released.
    My Focus may become Jaided but never my determination...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yep, bye trackball, hello trackpad!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thank goodness they're finally trying to put an end to that godforsaken trackball. That'll also save them money in accordance to their new trackball replacement program
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    The trackpad is a MUCH better interface, but you know what???? I still miss my trackwheel. The trackballs break too easily, plus often come out the door faulty (can anyone say Tour!).
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    For all intents and purposes the trackpad is probably much more efficient to use than the trackball but I still prefer it. Guess all those years of using one trackball device after another (8100, 8320, 8900) has left me feeling too comfortable with the trackball. Plus after using my wifes 8520 and the trackpad I wasn't really impressed. I think next time I upgrade instead of selling or giving away my 8900 ill keep it for nostalgia purposes lol. But can someone tell me why there are trackballs on touch devices?? Where's the logic?
    My Focus may become Jaided but never my determination...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by JaidedFocus View Post
    But can someone tell me why there are trackballs on touch devices?? Where's the logic?
    A trackball/trackpad/D-Pad on a touch screen device makes it easy to do fine maneuvering for things like text correction/cursor placement. Handy for peeps with big fingers
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    its just the new direction rim is taking-- evolution i guess
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Thank goodness they're finally trying to put an end to that godforsaken trackball. That'll also save them money in accordance to their new trackball replacement program
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Rim should replace all tracball phones bought within the last year with a new tracpad phone. They know its a crap design.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    What would have been nice is a fixed metallic ball that feels like its moving under your finger as you scroll over it. :-) Or, better yet, a tracking device that works telepathically... you just think about where and what it should do, and ah-ha! But, you'd have to actually say, "click" aloud for it to select something.
    I'm a born again Androider

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    What would have been nice is a fixed metallic ball that feels like its moving under your finger as you scroll over it. :-) Or, better yet, a tracking device that works telepathically... you just think about where and what it should do, and ah-ha! But, you'd have to actually say, "click" aloud for it to select something.
    That would be awesome, but could you imagine the memory leak! >Lulz..

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    No mas on the 8900. Wish I had the 9700.
    Gyros anyone?

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My situation... I upgraded to the 8900 in the first week it was available from T-Mobile during the Corporate Update in January of last year... just went over to T-Mobile this weekend to check when the other phones on our plan can be upgraded... they said I could upgrade to the new 9700 right NOW... they have some type of 12 month upgrade plan going on right now, if the phone had a data plan I'd just pay the cost and I would not get any mail in rebates... the 9700 in T-Mobile stores does not have a mail in rebate... it's $130 and it would be 8 or 9 months ahead of my normal upgrade time... I might have to buy one next week.

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    This is true. I just TT a TMO rep and he said they are discontinuing it b/c of too many issues with the track ball. Plus fatboy is right. TMO changed thier upgrade schedule. You can get a full upgrade after a full contractual year. Nice. I'm waiting til May 8th to get the 9700. Otherwise its $379 right now. I'll wait.
    Gyros anyone?